Grown In Holland

Hi Kerry, I like your emphasis on the long straight rigid stems that work well agains this pleasant slighty bluish-gray background. There is a slight imbalance towards the left that you may have purposely allowed. My own philosophy with small closeups tends to be to frame for balance and symmetry and if not make the imbalance a bit more obvious. The whites are nicely not blocked up though except for the back middle flower lack obvious detail that may in part be more a result of web downsizing. Anyway some Photoshop Image...Adjust...Curves tweaking at the mid to high end of the luminance scale would improve that a bit as would some selective area unsharp masking.

Hi Kerry, I like your emphasis on the long straight rigid stems that work well agains this pleasant slighty bluish-gray background. There is a slight imbalance towards the left that you may have purposely allowed. My own philosophy with small closeups tends to be to frame for balance and symmetry and if not make the imbalance a bit more obvious. The whites are nicely not blocked up though except for the back middle flower lack obvious detail that may in part be more a result of web downsizing. Anyway some Photoshop Image...Adjust...Curves tweaking at the mid to high end of the luminance scale would improve that a bit as would some selective area unsharp masking.

Thank you, David. I'll have to look further into this. Just had a quick look at your work. Stupendous! I'm from the SF Bay Area.

I love them.....absolutely beautiful flowers!

Most reactions

Back