Grrr! This would not have happened to Tony (tb2)!!!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If Tony had seen this scene and decided to frame the play of light and shadow of this roof on the wall, he would NOT have cropped part of the shadow on the right. Grrr! It seemed like I got it at the time. Now I see I didn't :irked:

tonywouldhavedoneitright.jpg

I am kind of worried about Tony (tb2), of whom I was thinking when I saw how I cropped off part of that shadow, a mistake that I am sure would not have happened to him! He used to regale us his daily photo, and there hasn't been any for weeks now. I no longer can get my tb2-fix per day! :scratch:

I wonder if he ever saw my blooper here!?!?
Tony?

Well, now that I know that Tony has almost finished working on his house and is back here, I would love to bump this for him so he can see it.

You've spotted a lovely area of glazing and shadows here. But, I think you're right Corinna - I'd have kept the point of shadow on the right of the frame. I'd have taken the shot that you have - it's a good one. I might also have taken another shot, reducing the area of shadow on the left a bit, and placing the rightmost column in the centre of the composition. Then I'd have taken another shot that concentrates on the decorative edge of the canopy and the shadows of the glazing bars on the wall. There are a few good shots in this composition - you should go back to it on a sunny day and "mine" it for all its worth!

Regards, Tony

Oh dear. Go back, you say.
This is in Potsdam, near Berlin...
I was there with a whole group and were shepherded with all the others from sight to sight and saw this one more or less in passing ... Well, I might get back there eventually, though it took me 22 years from the last time I had been to Berlin to last year when this was taken... :scratch: ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back