Grunge Portrait

bds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A portrait for a guitar player friend of mine.
C&C welcome.
3233996523_f120ce6bed.jpg

whats with the "Sponsored links" this aint art. thephotoforum is sort of gay.

Welcome and Thanks for joining our gay parade dude.

Agree with Kegger, the backgound puts me off.

more grunge!!!:D

he sorta just looks tired to me...and i agree in regards to the BG.

I think it's got enough "grunge". There's a fine line between cooked and burnt, and more "grunge" would be burnt.

I don't really care what the background is doing, the thing that gets to me most is that the eyes are almost exactly in the center of the frame, it's poor, boring composition.

I thought the process looked cool, but I hear ya’s all about the grunge thing. The word seemed to fit the appearance of the image. Composition wise? It just a simple portrait. Although in your avatar the eyes are almost exactly in the center of the frame?
Don’t just dis because I used the expression, “thephotoforum is sort of gay” … It’s not. There are some great artists on this site, I’m just talking about corporate politics. But I understand the need for advertisement, and that’s cool, It keeps this forum running. But corporate politics are F'ing gay. It's about the art.

Last edited:
the process does look cool...you're headed in the right direction.

after looking at this image again, the one thing that kills it for me...how does one approach this with tact...the lazy eye...
i would reshoot at an agle where you are off to the side so his eyes appear straighter.

and a side note...bitching about ads on a forum site arent going to get you much here, and the overuse of the word "gay" is going to get old and may offend some.
just a thought.

reshoot and post up! :D

Most reactions

Back