Guess the Shutter Count

No, wait. 8.

19 Once the technician gets done with it.

Seriously. I'll toss out 77,777 as my official guestimate.

BTW, I didn't know Canons recorded shutter counts.

Yeah Sparky, you could get the shutter count with a utility online on older ones but it doesn't work on newer ones, when I requested the count from the repair guy he said he could get it when they opened it up.

I'll go with 337, 847 and now i'm leaving to get some jellybeans and a chocolate rabbit or 2 :drool:

Wait.... the prize is jelly beans or a chocolate rabbit.

Pfft. I'm out.

Unless I can win some BACON!

Bacon flavored jelly beans ????

It might be a bit before we find out the count, they won't be opening up the camera until next week at this point.
I'll toss my own guess in now I suppose, I'm guessing 420, 000 ;)

im trying to figure out what everyone with high shutter counts is taking photos of...
Depends on the day, some days I shoot lots of things, some days I take a lot of shots because I'm panning in the car on a long drive or trying to get a teeeny tiny bird in flight lol. I'm kinda a "special case" I'm INSANELY lucky to have the freedom to have my camera with me 24 hours a day and I take advantage of that ;)

I think you're going to be SHOCKED at how much lower than that it is. If you've had the camera since Nov. 2011, even if you count the entire month of November, that boils down to something between 450-500 pictures EVERY single day since then.
I actually think even MY guesstimate is way too high--my guess would be over TWICE the number of pictures I've taken in the same period of time (well, actually, I've had mine for less time, but I extrapolated it to the same 30 months), and I take quite a lot of pictures. But, I don't shoot everyday, so I'm willing to stick with saying your shutter count could possibly be a little more than twice what mine is.

EDIT: But much more importantly, after reading the last page of posts…I really want some bacon. RIGHT. NOW. I wish I wasn't at work.

I would say around the 92,500 mark... I do not know. I'm not a hardcore shooter :p

1000 shots to get 1 good picture would be 40+ rolls of film.

I can't even begin to guess since I have one digital camera, and many film ones which I have no idea how many times the shutters were released on those. I find it mind boggling how many photos people take.

i think ive shot 2k in photos between my cameras in the last three months. And it is the most ive ever shot. i cant even fathom getting that high. But im going to guess 220 k

I've shot 9709 photos since, December. Most for work but yeah, a lot.
im lower than what I posted up there now. I think I am up to maybe fifty last week, week before prolly fourty. This week so far 18-20. So at that rate, my cameras should wear out somewhere around the year 2046.

im changing my guess to three clicks.
im betting the tech mess up the shutter count or it don't work, but they take three photos before they send it back to check it. Can I change my guess?

Well, we have the answer!

Drumroll please......

No wonder they overhauled and rebuilt the shutter.

Looks like the Bill with a guess of 337847 and Sharon who guessed 270 000 (had a "no going over" rule applied) have the closest guesses!

I'd like to offer the both of you a print "Secret Santa Style" (I'll send you the file of your choosing and you can get a print made if you wish), just shoot me an email :)

that thing lasted to 300k???? no way!!

It's a wonder they didn't play taps and just send you a new camera! lol That would be about 13,000 rolls of film (24 exposure, or 8700 rolls of 36 exp.), which is probably why I find this rather mind boggling!

It's a wonder they didn't play taps and just send you a new camera! lol That would be about 13,000 rolls of film (24 exposure, or 8700 rolls of 36 exp.), which is probably why I find this rather mind boggling!
the one big advantage of digital cameras .... no film nor film processing costs.

Awww heck, all I want is one of those bacon jelly-beans ..... just one !!

Well done on the count and I have a long way to go in that case ;) I feel much better.

All the best and congrats.

Danny.

I cracked open my Canon EOS-1D X camera to look at the technical marvel of the counter .. here's what I found
View attachment 73518

No wonder they don't know the count until the open the camera is opened up !!

lol ... just joking :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back