Guess the year

photojunky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.onlinephotogallery.com
I did not take this shot. It was photographed by a German photographer that immigrated here a long time ago. Can you guess the year it was shot and where?

Image125ebw.jpg

Its hard to pin down a year, but looks like the late 20s or early 30s. About the time I was born.

I'm also thinking the 1930's, would most likely be in a big city like New York or Chicago.... I'll guess New York.

Strange image, btw. Hung ducks. Icky. :pale:

i'll take a punt and say since your from San Fran, thats where the photo is from. I'll go a bit earlier and and say the turn of the century (not this one but the 1900's)

Hung ducks. Icky
i heard that daisy duck likes them that way...
daisy.jpg

[quietly leaves before he gets kicked out the forum by the moderators]

You know, Mark....I was a sitting duck for that comment. :sillysmi:

You ain't any good, mate! :wink:

vonnagy said:
i'll take a punt and say since your from San Fran, thats where the photo is from. I'll go a bit earlier and and say the turn of the century (not this one but the 1900's)

Hung ducks. Icky
i heard that daisy duck likes them that way...
daisy.jpg

[quietly leaves before he gets kicked out the forum by the moderators]

mark, that was way too funny to delete!!!!

md

ermmmmmm

well the sign in the pic says 11-5-20

fairly fresh kills - i see the 5th was a friday and the 8th was a monday.
but ..organising the sign-writing and the photographer for the same day they were shot ?

location ? if they were on their way south from up north.... maybe via
the lakes - chicago.

the sun rises more in the south-east towards the winter-solstice, and this
store-front faces south - so its late morning lol... i'll shut up now.

chicago, 6th or the 8th november 1920.

:wink: :)

The sign in the photo says 11-12-20, but I was told it was 1912. The slide came with a group of slides that were definatly from 1912. But I am going with the sign because of the large overhead lamp. The lamp looks to modern to me to be 1912. I may be completely wrong.

The sign in the photo says 11-12-20, but I was told it was 1912. The slide came with a group of slides that were definatly from 1912. But I am going with the sign because of the large overhead lamp. The lamp looks to modern to me to be 1912. I may be completely wrong.

I thought it looked too modern to be early 1900's and after looking at everything and seeing the date on the sign...I noticed it was in 1920. The clothing of the men don't quite look early 1900ish.

:) :)

Most reactions

Back