Guess what I did today!!!

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by heavenlymom, Oct 8, 2008.

1. heavenlymom

heavenlymom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maybe some of you remember when I asked about digital backgrounds and the majority of you said to try to do my own rather than purchasing but with good skills on photo shop I could do it. Okay well I don't have those good skills yet but I am working on it. I took some photos from the internet (hopefully that's not copyrighting as I don't intend to sell these two images they are only to show I can do it) and made some images. Let me know what you think from someone newer to photo shop and not very good at it. It's a work in progress but I had to learn to do multiple layers and it wasn't easy.
    Thanks!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Snyder

Snyder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well keep trying those are not very well done.
    The first one the flower resolution looks horrid the transition with the smudging of the baby is bad.
    The second one the pumpkin is a very flat looking photo and the baby has some depth to it with shadows, the jagged edge on the pumpkin looks bad also.

3. reg

reg TPF Noob!

Stuck inside of Mobile with the GTFO Blues Again
    Photos OK to edit
    i think it's good you're being creative but i'm not too keen on these, sorry

4. heavenlymom

heavenlymom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :thumbdown: OUCH! A little harsh of words. I said I was new at it and didn't do a good job, but I am still proud of myself.

"Okay well I don't have those good skills yet but I am working on it. Let me know what you think from someone newer to photo shop and not very good at it. It's a work in progress but I had to learn to do multiple layers and it wasn't easy."

The point was LOOK WHAT I MADE!! :) I've never been able to do anything like that before. It was a huge improvement from not being able to do it yesterday in my opinion lol. I'm just so happy I figured out how to layer (yes I had no idea how the heck to do it before and I have been trying to find a tutorial or book that made since for months) finally!! :) :mrgreen::D
    So while others have harsh words (which is fine, most of you have been doing this much longer than me) I give myself a thumbs able :thumbup: for being able to figure it out in the first place!! Yah! With time and practice I think I will get better.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Kudos for being creative. Keep practicing.

6. Pure Captures

Pure Captures TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Congratulations! Isn't learning something new fun? Of course it's even more fun to master a new skill. Keep practicing and post your other results on the forums, asking for tips on how to improve.

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You need better art work that's already at a resolution equal to your photos. Taking a smaller image and scaling it upwards makes it pixelated and will make it look bad. That or shrink you photos to match the size of the images to be used.

8. heavenlymom

heavenlymom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I actually just found the pumpkin and flower off the internet in a free photo data base. I actually didn't think I'd be able to do anything at all but I'm glad I gave it a try because at least I know the basics of how to do it now.
    I am going to try it again with some shots I take in the studio and see if it turns out any better. I also plan to take a photoshop course next semester at my college. I think I have some concepts of it but I know that with my photoshop (CS3 version) there is so much more that I haven't even got a clue how to do. Just looking at some of the members of this boards work in the photo gallery tells me that!!
    I appreciate all the feedback!! Thank you!