Guess what ole daddy got in the mail?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by MDowdey, Jan 19, 2004.

1. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

Anyone? anyone? no?

My NYIP brochure. HELL YES. I looked at it and something snapped, i think it was a lightbulb going off or something...

IM there, this feels right, so, EVERYONE.....wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md

:::puts check in the mail:::

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Good luck, Matt!!!! :D

3. boba_buster57

boba_buster57 TPF Noob!

What does that stand for? New York Institute of Photography?

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

yes! its a 30 lesson course designed to cover the basics to the advanced. I believe this will give me the experiance i need to truly say im a photographer.

md

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, wow. :) So you sent off a check....what's next???

6. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    my dad took the course, he said he really liked about that was way back in '69.

They've been around for ages. I've heard alot of complementary things about them so kudos for ya.

7. manda

manda instigator of pottymouthedness

This is EXACTLY IT Matt.
    Im so happy youve done this!
    Ive been looking into courses myself the past week and youve inspired me now!

What sort of course is it? Youre not actually moving to New York are you? Wow...you just gave me a great idea. :idea:

8. *Angie*

*Angie* TPF Noob!

Good for you!

I went back and forth for months before finally deciding to just go for it and register. Right up until the day I got Unit 1 in the mail I was still worried about it. Even after hearing only good things about it, I was scared I was going to end up with a bunch of cheap junk materials that I paid way too much money for, kwim?

Anyway, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find that the course materials are excellent quality, easy to understand while being comprehensive, and really conductive to learning at your own pace. I know, I sound like an advertisement :lol: I really am impressed, though. I'm currently part way through Lesson 3 from Unit 1...I can't wait to start my photo projects and send them in.

You might want to check out the NYIP Roundtable. It's an MSN group that was started by some of the NYI students. It's not endorsed by the school or anything, but there's a great group of students/graduates of the course there. Just so you know, though, it took almost 2 weeks for my application to get approved so that I could do more than just read the messages...

OK, I rambled way too much :lol: [/url]

9. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well obviously you know my thoughts on NYIP Matt since I did kinda recommend the program to you. Beyond even basic Photography, you get some information on the market of photography. Where to make money in each field. I also like that it covers all fields of photography. Makes you take photos of things you might not normally shoot. The more you step out of your box, the better you'll get. I'm also looking forward to getting a press pass to shoot some events. I should be starting the program in the next month or so.

10. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What exactly does a press pass do for ya? I realize it can get me into a lot of places. But what kind of stuff? The reason I just joined yearbook staff and I'm going to get one soon. I've been imagining situations that might be cool, but no specific ideas yet. any help/suggestions

11. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really have no idea to tell you the truth. Should be enough credentials to get you in at almost any event. And I will use it at as many places as I can think of. Football games, when world leaders visits, etc.

12. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah, thats the kind of stuff I was thinking about too. Plus theres the added bonus that I would have to have my camera with me. I think I might have to lie and say im with the college newspaper and not the yearbook though, cuz I can't think of any reason why a yearbook photographer would need to be at a world leader thing. Guess we'll just have to explore and see what we can get ourselves into