Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered my new D300!

The D700 is complete overkill for me, but I had definite limitations with the D70s. I'm so excited!

I had to tell someone that would understand my excitement. My friends already think my camera is just killer, so they don't "get it". Although, they all do want to know if I am "giving away" my old one. HA!

For some strange reason I guessed this one exactaly. :lol:

Congrats. Since I am away for work, you will get yours first. :D

I have a D70s - and I am also thinking about the D300 as a step up - do you have it yet? And what do you like most about the D300?

Please forgive the newbie question - but I'm curious - thanks!

Edited to add: I just looked at the date of your last post so you probably don't have it yet, but please let us know when you do!

There is something that your D70s does that a D300 (and even a D3) cannot do at all. The D70s has a native sync speed of 1/500th, where the D300 is at 1/250th. If you do a lot of flash work, having that extrea sync speed lets you do things that the other camera's cannot easily do.

However, if this is no issue, the D300 is an awesome camera.

Lyncca, you are going to really like it! I hope you post a lot of pictures for us to see. :)

For me, I already have a D200, and going to a D300 is basically tossing money out the window... so my next camera is going to be the D700 and I order it sometime in December/January.

Well, my D-300 finally came in (wife picked it up from UPS). Wife is playing with it. For some reason she keeps calling it hers? I guess the D-50 doesn't quite seem so good now. Matter of fact she was really quick in claiming it as her's as well. There is a pattern here.

Anyway to avoid any fighting. I just ordered a 2nd D-300. :lol: This time though I decided to save a little and ordered a remanufactured one. $1,175 for it.

I already have the manual downloaded from Nikon and picked up the Magic Lantern Guide for it. Supposed to get home on Wednesday from work. So still have not had a chance to check one out yet.

Lyncca, I currently shoot with a D300 and you're gonna love it! Congrats!

Well, my D-300 finally came in (wife picked it up from UPS). Wife is playing with it. For some reason she keeps calling it hers? I guess the D-50 doesn't quite seem so good now. Matter of fact she was really quick in claiming it as her's as well. There is a pattern here.

Anyway to avoid any fighting. I just ordered a 2nd D-300. :lol: This time though I decided to save a little and ordered a remanufactured one. $1,175 for it.

I already have the manual downloaded from Nikon and picked up the Magic Lantern Guide for it. Supposed to get home on Wednesday from work. So still have not had a chance to check one out yet.

LOL, thankfully my husband has no interest in my cameras. He has enough of his own expensive hobbies that he just wants me to take pictures of. :lol:

As mentioned already, you will love/hate the D300.

I would advise against the Magic Lantern or David Bausch field guides and instead look at the Thom Hogan field guide. It is very thorough.

I have just ordered the grip for mine.

One more thing, look here for a decent alternative for a remote shutter release.

Finally! I got the USPS slip yesterday, so I'm going to pick up my camera at lunch today. I feel a sickness coming on where I may not be able to make it back to work. *cough* *cough*

lol, I suppose you best document your illness, for historys sake I mean, how luck you have a new tool for this ;)

Just curious why you feel the d700 is overkill while the d300 isn't? (or is it just price?) The only major difference seems to be the sensor size. The controls look identical to me.

Most reactions

Back