Guess what?

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of my family, my new (used) Eos 50 / Elan II! Bought it from Ebay, and it is the start of my move to film.

eos_50.jpg

*waits for reactions*

hahahah

Got a roll of Tri-x 400 and a red filter to boot, and of course, some Velvia 100. Next step is to set up the darkroom eq I already own and have no idea how to use!

With Digital Matt buying a film camera and Ksmattfish asking about memory cards...the Apocalypse must be coming soon.

Big Mike said:
With Digital Matt buying a film camera and Ksmattfish asking about memory cards...the Apocalypse must be coming soon.
I can't keep up.....

:feels faint:

Actually, I am digging this. Perhaps ksmattfish can become Digital Matt, and Digital Matt can....well, ok, he probably doesn't want the fish tag, but we'll think of something snazzy for him! :thumbup:

Congrats on the new baby, Matt! Maybe you can get in on the next print exchange! :mrgreen:

Yeah, this is all too weird.... I am working towards getting a darkroom and going all film. :thumbup:

Hehe, good suggestions guys. Yes it is wierd, that Ksmattfish is talking digital, and I'm going the opposite way. Maybe we can just trade equpiment ;)

haha

Well, just to let you guys know, when I named myself Digital Matt, it really had nothing to do with the fact that I shoot digital. I had just watched the Matrix, and Morpheus says something to Neo when they are in a simulation like, "this is the digital representation of yourself".

So yeah, this is just the digital representation of me :p

Do prints for the print exchange have to be hand developed? I'm not equpped for that yet :p

Digital Matt said:
Hehe, good suggestions guys. Yes it is wierd, that Ksmattfish is talking digital, and I'm going the opposite way. Maybe we can just trade equpiment ;)

haha

Well, just to let you guys know, when I named myself Digital Matt, it really had nothing to do with the fact that I shoot digital. I had just watched the Matrix, and Morpheus says something to Neo when they are in a simulation like, "this is the digital representation of yourself".

So yeah, this is just the digital representation of me :p

Do prints for the print exchange have to be hand developed? I'm not equpped for that yet :p
I think so, sweetie. ;) But there will be others, and it's fun! :D

I never made "The Matrix" connection to your user name... :lol: Thanks for the explanation!

And yeah.... ksmattfish announced in another thread today the he is expecting his 20D to arrive in a few weeks....and here we are celebrating your new film cam! :confused: It's given this place a bit of an "off its axis" kinda feel. :lmao:

I'm sure I'll be asking for darkroom help soon Terri, so be prepared. I'm a bit nervous, because I don't have any ventilation. Is that a huge issue?

I've been working in mine for awhile without real good ventilation and so far.....................whoa, I'm feeling whoozy.

Good to see you're going to the dark side.

Digital Matt said:
I'm sure I'll be asking for darkroom help soon Terri, so be prepared. I'm a bit nervous, because I don't have any ventilation. Is that a huge issue?
It's an issue, but with some variables. How large is your space? The smaller the space with no ventilation, the larger the issue. My darkroom is in an upstairs bedroom of my house. No ventilation to the outside, just typical indoor heating & air with a ceiling fan. When I'm getting set up, the last thing I do is pour out all my chemicals in the trays. I keep a 6-gal. plastic storage box at the end of the lineup to toss my prints into as a holding bath.

BUT - I still make a point of just stepping out of the room between prints. I leave the bedroom door open and the fan going, so hopefully I am circulating some of the toxicity out of the air.

What's your anticipated setup going to be?

(This is really a fun thread, btw - I remember you mentioning wanting a darkroom months ago, and I'm so tickled that you're finally doing it.) :thumbup: :cheer:

And btw - the guy who's waiting for his 20D is still an excellent source for all things darkroom-related. ;)

Most reactions

Back