Guitar Hero 1, 2,or 3

I don't get into Guitar Hero. Its air guitar meets technology, and nothing more. I agree with the ending to the South Park episode on Guitar Hero.

I perfer the real thing, and I think that these GH people who would shun the ability of a real guitarist need to grow up. Its a video game. I have been playing guitar for years. Want to impress me? Learn to play for real.

ok, point....?

I like the bonus songs of GH3...not really anything else...Played Rockband yet?

Yep! Rockband is cool. Although sometimes the drums are slightly out of sync. I used to play drums in a Kiss cover band, so I tend to overdo it when playing along with Detroit Rock City.
I wish the drums came with an actual drum pedal and pad.

I got rock band for him for christmas. I know he will like it. And as for FrimpyEIBW we also play real guitars and drums at this house. My oldest is in a metal band they call themselves "Space Lumberjacks" They are on My Space. They are a bunch of goofs. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=53544252

My son plays drums for them. They really need a decent recording.

I play guitar and my youngest plays drums and guitar.

Yea...My Brothers Fiance (SP?) got him RockBand for christmas...so when he gets it, i know where ill be

real guitar should not even be mentioned in this thread. I HATE when people think that guitar hero people are trying to be like real guitar players or that we think guitar players have no skill. Wake up and smell the coffee pal. We dont' give a ****.

We play guitar hero because it's a fun game.

It's not like people who play DDR say that real dancers have no skill.

It's two different kinds of skill...I bet you probably couldn't play guitar hero very well, just like I probably wouldn't be able to play a real guitar very well..

real guitar should not even be mentioned in this thread. I HATE when people think that guitar hero people are trying to be like real guitar players or that we think guitar players have no skill. Wake up and smell the coffee pal. We dont' give a ****.

It's two different kinds of skill...I bet you probably couldn't play guitar hero very well, just like I probably wouldn't be able to play a real guitar very well..

Thank you...I actually read it on most of the youtube videos that GH1/2/3 is harder than the real guitar. And all i play is for fun....And i play expert on DDR...But i would NEVER dance anywhere else but on that dance pad in my room by my lonesome

Thank you...I actually read it on most of the youtube videos that GH1/2/3 is harder than the real guitar.

I was a classical guitar major in college and played for more than 30 years. GH is NOT harder than playing a real guitar. It is meant to be fun and that is all it is.

I do think sometimes it is harder to play GH or Rockband if you can actually play the instruments. I get caught up in it and I tend to try to do too much (like actually play the song).

I was a classical guitar major in college and played for more than 30 years. GH is NOT harder than playing a real guitar. It is meant to be fun and that is all it is.

I do think sometimes it is harder to play GH or Rockband if you can actually play the instruments. I get caught up in it and I tend to try to do too much (like actually play the song).

Ok, so your bragging b/c you can beat a video game....eh, i like them b/c they're fun and kill time while you interact...

Ok, so your bragging b/c you can beat a video game....eh, i like them b/c they're fun and kill time while you interact...

I am not sure where you think you read that I beat GH or Rockband. I have not, so your point is meaningless to me. :confused:

I was not bragging. I was establishing the fact that I am qualified to compare GH to playing a real guitar, which was the point of the post. If I were bragging, I would have said that I was a great guitar player or some similar qualifying statement. All I did was make a factual statement about my background.

Obviously I think they are fun, too or I would not own both GH and Rockband.

I was a classical guitar major in college and played for more than 30 years. GH is NOT harder than playing a real guitar. I get caught up in it and I tend to try to do too much (like actually play the song).

your point is meaningless to me. :confused:

I was not bragging.
I was establishing the fact that I am qualified to compare GH to playing a real guitar, which was the point of the post. If I were bragging, I would have said that I was a great guitar player or some similar qualifying statement. All I did was make a factual statement about my background.

Ok...

Actually, I've had conversaions with GH players who actually boast about their "talent" and compare it to the talent of a real guitarist. Maybe I was wrong to assume that everyone thought like that, but there are people who seriously think they are as good or better than a real guitarist.

Actually, I've had conversaions with GH players who actually boast about their "talent" and compare it to the talent of a real guitarist. Maybe I was wrong to assume that everyone thought like that, but there are people who seriously think they are as good or better than a real guitarist.

Hmm...that's what people like me like to call idiots...lol.

Guitar Hero does not mean you have skill at guitar.
It means you have skill at Guitar Hero. Doesn't really transfer over to any other part in your life...unless it's another rhythm game.

Guitar is hard. You have real notes, actual chords....and usually you can't screw up 75% of a song and "pass with 3 stars"....lol.

But doesn't mean you can play guitar hero.

The two are basically mututally exclusive skill sets. Other than having rhythm...cause you're screwed if you can't clap a beat...ahaha.

haha i knew this would get into some kind of forum brawl. fun fun fun.

i don't have GH, but i've played it a few times and enjoyed it...mostly because I liked the music though :D

My boyfriend is the one with the consoles, so I only get my GH fix when I'm at his house. He has GH2 and GH3 for Xbox, and we're pretty much addicted. We only play on Medium, but it's fun!! And to the guitar-playing naysayers, I play guitar and my boyfriend doesn't, and he routinely kicks my arse at GH. Sideburns is right: They are mutually exclusive skill sets and being good at one doesn't mean you'll be good at the other.

Most reactions

Back