guitar neck

blinded

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There are alot of guitar pictures on here so i'll contribute one yo.

guitarmusicnotes.jpg

I agree about the great background, however, to my eye it looks like the background is more in focus than the actual instrument. The instrument actually looks a little out of focus. My suggestion would be to put the spot you focus on at the rear of what you want to be in focus, since everything in front of that (up to the DOF cut off) will be in focus. Meaning focus on the rear of the instrument and not the front of it, then the whole instrument should theoretically be in focus.

Its a good shot, and a good idea. I agree on the DOF issue on this one though. To me, there doesn't seem to be a main point of focus. But its still a cool shot. The only issue I see that distracts me is the blown highlight on the top of the neck nearest the sixth string tuning peg. I like that there is some light coming in, but its too much.

Nice work.

Great idea. I also agree that the instrument should be more in focus.

Sorry to be a parrot, but I agree, the idea is great. I personally couldn't think of a better BG to choose for such a B&W shot.

Very nice. I just dont like how it looks like its standing up as if both must be mounted on the wall that way.

Maybe have the background more blurred and the guitar more in focus :)

What's with you people and your cool concepts? hehe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back