Guitar Player

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know I have a lot of "no nos" in this one. Portrait framing that should normally be landscape, my usually tight camera crop, and for a change, no one looking me dead in the eye in the photo. AND I LOVVVE IT.
To me, it's an intimate photo between the lady guitar player, and her concentration with her instrument. Does it come out that way or as a hatchet job?
SFCindy-047web.jpg

All comments welcome. :)

First thing that struck me in this photo was the vivid colors. However, I think the loss of her hand on the right side is distracting. The guitar strap leads my eye out of the photo but I think if her full hand was visible it would make a nice line back down the neck of the guitar. I do get a sense if intimacy, the DOF really helps to isolate her from the background.

The thing that bothers me most about the photograph is the guy just to the left of her head. Other than that i really like it

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I've seen too many shots where the dof just doesn't work, but I was so enchanted by the focus, her skin tones, and for some reason the detail of the whisps of hair that I totally missed what everyone else was talking about. There's something about this shot that is almost a relief - a quiet voyerism - like she's not demanding anything from me as an observer. I think it's a success - unconventional as all-get-out.

Captivating! It is about this women's' relationship with her guitar.
As we all know that is half the battle.

I talk myself into; "it is understood that... the rest of the bridge is there or the legs on the table are there. I think you get my drift.

Personally I am my own worst critic. Understanding the flaws of your own work is basically photo therapy. I bet that the next time you come across a women and her guitar the elements will be closer.

AlisonPower said:
I think the loss of her hand on the right side is distracting

Yes, it´s a pity because that would be the point that could make a great composition. Anyway, i also like her concentration time you took

Most reactions

Back