Guitar Player

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by elsaspet, Apr 13, 2005.

1. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok, I know I have a lot of "no nos" in this one. Portrait framing that should normally be landscape, my usually tight camera crop, and for a change, no one looking me dead in the eye in the photo. AND I LOVVVE IT.
    To me, it's an intimate photo between the lady guitar player, and her concentration with her instrument. Does it come out that way or as a hatchet job?
    [​IMG]
    All comments welcome. :)

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    First thing that struck me in this photo was the vivid colors. However, I think the loss of her hand on the right side is distracting. The guitar strap leads my eye out of the photo but I think if her full hand was visible it would make a nice line back down the neck of the guitar. I do get a sense if intimacy, the DOF really helps to isolate her from the background.

3. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i love it too! :)

4. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The thing that bothers me most about the photograph is the guy just to the left of her head. Other than that i really like it

5. BarbM

BarbM TPF Noob!

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I've seen too many shots where the dof just doesn't work, but I was so enchanted by the focus, her skin tones, and for some reason the detail of the whisps of hair that I totally missed what everyone else was talking about. There's something about this shot that is almost a relief - a quiet voyerism - like she's not demanding anything from me as an observer. I think it's a success - unconventional as all-get-out.

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Captivating! It is about this women's' relationship with her guitar.
    As we all know that is half the battle.

I talk myself into; "it is understood that... the rest of the bridge is there or the legs on the table are there. I think you get my drift.

Personally I am my own worst critic. Understanding the flaws of your own work is basically photo therapy. I bet that the next time you come across a women and her guitar the elements will be closer.

7. 2500kelvin

2500kelvin TPF Noob!

Yes, it´s a pity because that would be the point that could make a great composition. Anyway, i also like her concentration time you took