Gulls for C&C

Toller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I'd appreciate some feed back on these shots(snaps). Obviously I'm not aiming to be a professonal, I would simply like to take good pictures. Would like to know how I could improve these. Hits tips.....and C&C

Thanks.

lens 17-85mm
f8 ISO 100 1/200 85mm
IMG_9656-cropP.jpg
Lighthouse 1. cropped

IMG_9657-cropP.jpg
Lighthouse 2. straight from camera

Geese
f5.6 1/30 ISO200 Photo was not good, but I quite like the head shot
IMG_9761-crop.jpg

Quick draw on exiting the pub...it was them or me;)

Nesting gullsTV
ISO 200 f5.6 1/320
IMG_9515-crop.jpg

.....seem to have got stuck on ISO200

Baby Gull?
ISO 100 f5.6 1/160 85mm like the shot...though struggled with the exposure.
IMG_9650-cropP4.jpg

Also this one ..

Walk the walk!!
f10 1/160 ISO100
IMG_9694-cropP.jpg

Gull about to depart
f13 1/160 ISO100
IMG_9687-cropP.jpg

Shame I missed his foot. Was intent on framing his wings

Try not to post too many at once, drives people away sometimes. Some people prefer if you number the pics for reference.

1 - I'd trim it down a bit. The sky (it's not a very exciting sky) takes away from the nice lighthouse. I'd also crop the bottom up to where the concrete meets the dock on the right side.

2 - Meh, I much prefer the first one. The truck is just ugly and mucks up your pic.

3 - I think this is great. If anything I'd maybe trim the top down if you can get away with it (just above his head - the one on the left looking right)

4 - Very pretty :thumbup:

5 - The high exposure looked ok with #4... here it doesn't work so well. I think the bird's highlights are over-bright/blown.

The last two in your second post are a bit less thought out I think and the people being present in the images hurt them as well. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Reznap... Is this better..
IMG_9656-cropA.jpg

5 is my favourit. I took these as RAW +JPEG so hopefully I will be able to adjust the exposure etc., once new software arrives from Amazon

Most reactions

Back