Gumshoe

Senken

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello nice to meet you all, im new.
Here is a photo i call Gumshoe. I would like some general comments please.

Thank you for your time.
Gone

hmmm . . . i think i and every other person may have this exact photograph.

nice DOF. and the b&w treatment was done well.
as said above, this is a very common shot. but then again, what isnt a common shot these days.

Ah so no points for originality then lol.
My bad, i hadn't seen this shot before. It was actually a moving shot of the traffic and wing mirror but i cropped it to just what you see.
I also kinda had to make it black and white because i couldnt make it look good in colour.

Thank you for your comments i will post more.

I think it's a nice shot. Even if "everyone else does it". I'd like to see a picture of 2 mirrors facing each other, where it looks like the mirror goes on forever...I'm sure it's been done 100000+ times, but I think it'd look cool. Plus, the same shot looks different coming from different photographers...

Heya, Senken, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I must admit I have a photo of the kind somewhere in my archives, too ... it is just too inviting a scene NOT to take this kind of photo. And sometimes we just HAVE to take a sort of photo OURSELVES, too, no matter how ofter OTHERS have taken a similar scene before. Their scenes are not OURS and we want OURS. So there.

I like the b+w treatment here but don't get the title. Why "gumshoe"? (My knowledge of the English language may be too limited to understand, see?)

The name i chose because after it was cropped and made black and white i just got the impression he was spying on someone.
Gumshoe is another word for private detective back in the day when they where classy lol.

Next time i will show you something original.

Gumshoe a slightly derogatory nicname. Mainly for the cheap shoes worn by private detectives in the thirties and forties... They were the shoe of choice so that they could sneak up and peak into widows to catch cheating hisbands.

To work the domestic cases was the lowest of the low jobs. Even back then. When confronted the husbands most often said, "My god why are you so upset. I was only Lying about sex." Does that sound familier.

Most reactions

Back