GUN DOGS ~ COLD WEATHER TRAINING ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
Conducted a cold weather training session with the retrievers this morning. The mercury was hovering at 18 degrees F when we started. I gave the MAC, TRAD, and JACKSON the green light to run free once on the training grounds just to let them warm up. True to form, the lads were in the river within seconds.

zSNuiSs9SJyomgpALC%fsg_thumb_b557_Fotor.jpg

~ Icy Waters ~ MAC and JACKSON are seen making their way across an ice flow on the river. At no time were the dogs in danger for their safety.

I93ZiYhFTnOmq06QSZkZRQ_thumb_b5b6_Fotor.jpg

~ Whistle Stop ~ JACKSON stops, turns, and sit upon one blast o' me whistle. His focus intent on me, he waits for me to give him a directional cast.

8qMyfGYySLCa7dh4bqjr2Q_thumb_b5dd_Fotor.jpg
~
A Mid-Winter Swim ~ JACKSON is seen making his way through ice cold January waters.

OO1YfB5uQputKuB3OvgdHw_thumb_b5c9_Fotor.jpg

~ River Watch ~ JACKSON is seen watching the river as he basks in the morning sun. A solar collector with four legs and a tail, his black fur coat dried quickly.

ErU+4ktAQUmMtwz5bcj2FA_thumb_b5b1_Fotor.jpg

~ X Marks The Spot ~ TRAD and MAC seemingly form an X in the spot they chose to soak in the sunlight after exiting the winter waters.

TRAD, MAC, and JACKSON had a grand time during today's session. We train year 'round and we train for every conceivable condition that these dogs might hunt in. The lads are always up for a challenge and love their work.

I monitor the retrievers closely and make certain to keep the sessions short and to get the dogs warmed as soon as the day's training has concluded.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Beautiful dogs! Sounds like a great day outdoors!

Those are great shots of great dogs. My dog Buddy, a mini poodle, when he was alive, just hated the water other than taking a bath in the tub. Strange because they're supposed to like it.

Those are great shots of great dogs. My dog Buddy, a mini poodle, when he was alive, just hated the water other than taking a bath in the tub. Strange because they're supposed to like it.

Alan,
Thanks Mate. I trained a standard poodle as a gun dog for a client. That poodle was initially water aversive but now swims like an otter.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back