Guy in Hoodie

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys , its been a while since i have posted a shot. This is a shot of a friend of mine. Lighting was poor in the space so i ended up having to bump up the ISO so excuse any noise. C&C always appreciated.

Aperture: F/4.2
Shutter Speed: 1/30s
ISO: 400

Hoodie

4017983105_4e6ef4971d.jpg

Hmmmm... I rather like this. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of the hood bisecting his face that way, but in this case it seems to work. I would suggest a slight contrast boost and if you can, a re-crop to include all of his arms. Good work on a unique image.

Hmmmm... I rather like this. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of the hood bisecting his face that way, but in this case it seems to work. I would suggest a slight contrast boost and if you can, a re-crop to include all of his arms. Good work on a unique image.

Thanks alot for the comment an advise. With regards to the crop, i was thinkin the same thing but unfortunately that shot wasn't cropped. That's the extent of the image. I took the shot during a critique in school and i just happen to see him sitting there so i had to compose rather quickly before he moved. lol. Its more of a candid shot actually.

I find the way he's holding his hands looks kinda awkward.

I like this image except for the overexposed wrist and forearm.

So I like the subject, but I think you could have made this better by doing the following:

Background: should be completely black or completely white, not some monotone grey
Exposure: I wish you didn't bump the iso up. I think underexposed @ iso 100 might have been an interesting shot
Crop: get closer to the subject.

This is just what I think would have made the shot better, but overall I think it's a good shot...

Hope that helps!

Dan

I find the way he's holding his hands looks kinda awkward.

i think its the kindda twist in his wrist u mean. mayb its the overexposure on his hand dats makin it look weird. thanks anyway

I like this image except for the overexposed wrist and forearm.

I agree as well. Thanks

So I like the subject, but I think you could have made this better by doing the following:

Background: should be completely black or completely white, not some monotone grey
Exposure: I wish you didn't bump the iso up. I think underexposed @ iso 100 might have been an interesting shot
Crop: get closer to the subject.

This is just what I think would have made the shot better, but overall I think it's a good shot...

Hope that helps!

Dan

Thanks for the comment an tips. Will try for next time

Most reactions

Back