H e l l o

TriggerLoft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Tyler, I'm not actually 23, just put 23 to prevent not being able to create an account. I'm actually a grade 9er who lives in Canada. The camera I use is the Nikon D3000. Yeah, it's not the best today, but still better than the little iPhone cameras. I prefer to use Manual mode and hate people who use full auto (The priority modes are okay with me). I'm quite intermediate at Photoshop CC and PIE is my motto; it means Post Is Everything. Of course, a lot of people claim post is cheating, but I think that if you can make a photo look as good as possible, then go ahead and do it. Anyways, those are a few things about myself, ask me any question you want.

Welcome, Tyler!

I got into photography when I was in 7th grade which is the second year of Junior High here in North Carolina. After 3 years I created my own business and it has gone up from there. There's a huge advantage to getting into photography at such a young age. Make sure that you never stop learning and absorbing information from other photographers and the internet. Put yourself out there and try new things with your photography.

Hope to see you around.

Thanks man! Although I kind of want to know how this forum works. Like how galleries and the contests work. Can you just post any photo you want or do you need approval?

Thanks man! Although I kind of want to know how this forum works. Like how galleries and the contests work. Can you just post any photo you want or do you need approval?
You can post any image you want, in the appropriate gallery (subject to a few rules about nudity, religion and fire-arms); no permission required. The contest have sticky posts pinned in their respective fora which explain the rules for that particular contest.

Bear in mind that except for "Just for fun", posting an image also includes an implicit request for comments & critique ("C&C") where other members will offer opinions and input on your work. TPF is not a forum noted for it's "touch feely" nature; in other words critique can sometimes be quite direct, and not always ego-friendly. It's never personal and always meant to help you, but isn't always nice.

You can post any image you want, in the appropriate gallery (subject to a few rules about nudity, religion and fire-arms); no permission required. The contest have sticky posts pinned in their respective fora which explain the rules for that particular contest.

Bear in mind that except for "Just for fun", posting an image also includes an implicit request for comments & critique ("C&C") where other members will offer opinions and input on your work. TPF is not a forum noted for it's "touch feely" nature; in other words critique can sometimes be quite direct, and not always ego-friendly. It's never personal and always meant to help you, but isn't always nice.

Well, as usual, tirediron summed it up real well. Hope to see some of your work around. :)

Unfortunately, I just found out that you can't actually post any picture you want. It needs to have metadata otherwise the site won't recognize it as a photo. It's a good idea to prevent people from cheating on the photography contests. But it does make it hard to do any adjustments in Photoshop. Say for example, stitching a panorama.

Greetings Tyler. I use Flickr for most of my posts, you can upload to Flickr and copy what is called bbcode directly to the message you post, it will preview the photo and if folks want to see the full sized version the can click on the picture. Works very well and I don't have to resize for direct upload.

As to the d3000, it may not be the latest and greatest but its still a very capable camera, and it can produce some remarkable images. :)

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I use full auto. Welcome to the forum.
I'm assuming you're a diver so I respect that completly. When I said "Full Auto" I was more leaning on to the people who shoot with their iPhone cameras and think Aperature is something you eat.

I use full auto. Welcome to the forum.
I'm assuming you're a diver so I respect that completly. When I said "Full Auto" I was more leaning on to the people who shoot with their iPhone cameras and think Aperature is something you eat.
Welcome to the forum Tyler. EIngerson is a Marine (USMC) he may be referring to his personal preference in weapon setting. :icon_cool:

While PIE is good, especially with coffee, both elements of photography, the capture and the post, are pretty much equally important. Getting it 'right in the camera' is as important as manipulation in post. The more you get right at the point of capture the less you will have to do in post. Remember that there is a line, granted a rather gray line, between a photographer and a digital artist.

LOL, Green box, because my camera takes nice pictures.

Unfortunately, I just found out that you can't actually post any picture you want. It needs to have metadata otherwise the site won't recognize it as a photo.

Um, no. The file extension and header tell the loader what it is, not the EXIF (metadata). This one has had the EXIF removed. In fact, the Sm4him Memorial Photo Challenge entries all have the metadata removed.

DSC_3733.jpg

Last edited:
My name is Tyler, I'm not actually 23, just put 23 to prevent not being able to create an account.
It's 13, not 23, to legally create an account. Use your real age.

[/QUOTE]
It's 13, not 23, to legally create an account. Use your real age.[/QUOTE]
I just didn't want the hassle of creating so called "Child account", using up the email, having to switch to another email and finding out my IP address is banned. All I'm trying to say is that the las time I used my real age, it didn't go well.

Most reactions

Back