480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.......... after needing some ink for my printer.

Holy crapoly! It was $52 last summer. Now it's freakin' $89!!!!!!!

Is it just cheaper to buy a new printer instead?
blink.gif

I printed off 9 pages today, first in 6 months. It said I had 2 colors very low. I don't even want to know how much they will cost me!

it might be cheaper to send the printing out. really. i still print some low qual stuff but i ditched the higher quality expensive a few years ago. Just adding it all up it didnt seem worth the headache. You can buy large bottles and bascially inject it into refillable cartridges. There are ways to save money. also i used to buy at a website called inkforless or something to that effect. I hardly ever buy ink now though and when i do just standard epson for a standard epson printer.

Not printing photos... printing biz stuff like invoices, statements, contracts, envelopes etc.

Not printing photos... printing biz stuff like invoices, statements, contracts, envelopes etc.
try the online inkfor less place. Also we used to use the refillable cartridges and buy ink at the dollar store. if they aren't refillable sometimes you can MAKE them refillable.

laser too for business stuff. we have a canon laser printer. Through canon the cartridges are near a hundred bucks but i can find them online for like 30-40 refurbished or rebranded. The laser cartridges print more like 2k sheets or something. Buy one or two a year basically.

i agree with you. The price of ink is totally b.s.

I read somewhere that name-brand inkjet ink comes out to something like $5,000 to $8,000 per gallon...the amounts in the danged cartridges are pretty miniscule...

I read somewhere that name-brand inkjet ink comes out to something like $5,000 to $8,000 per gallon...the amounts in the danged cartridges are pretty miniscule...
Wow, I won't complain about the price of gas or milk.... Haha

But those printers are so cheap...... :)

They overproduce on printers to the extreme. Which is why half the time you can get a new printer cheaper or near the cost of new ink. It's honestly quite nuts but they've got these factories churning out printers and they've got to keep selling the latest model.

Unfortunately, I've discovered the hard way that the newer the printer, the more 'fussy' it gets with generic, or even refilled cartridges. In most cases, my Epson R380 printers will reject 75% or more of the generic or refilled cartridges I've tried.

So, I've learned to shop for cartridges on ebay. Genuine Epson cartridges. I've recently found a seller in China that sells what I need at ridiculously low prices that barely covers the shipping charges from China! They work and I'm happy. I think I've used maybe 30 or so from that seller without a problem. I first 'tried him out' with an order for 2 cartridges and tested them. I received them in 2 weeks (New England, USA) and they worked fine.

The big trick to shopping on ebay is to narrow down the search so I don't get 50,000 results. I've tweaked the search parameters and am pretty happy with: epson r380 -(remanfacture, remanufactured, remanu, reman, refill, bulk, non-oem ,ciss ,bottles ,continuous ,compatible) That's as much as I could squeeze in the search box. It still gets more results than I want, but at least it's manageable.

I have a laser printer for business. The toner on the last one I had lasted 3 years. When it finally got too low it was cheaper just to buy a new laser printer. no shipping via Amazon prime and voila!

Most reactions

Back