voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I called up my friend Kyle to get some pics of the sunset over by red mountain (that's a photo from a year ago). We were driving along looking for a place to take pics when he pulled into this recreation area. Problem was he went in the exit. And by the time I told him to stop he had already driven over one of those spike strips. It didn't feel like he had punctured the tires so we pulled out of the area to go down this dirt road along the canal. As we were driving, the truck started to lug so I looked out the right mirror and sure enough the back tire was flat. So I got out and noticed the front right tire was flat as well.

Luckily :roll: only 2 tires were flat. But we only had one spare. And we weren't really on a road that a tow truck could find us easily. His roomate drove the same type truck and had the same sized tires so we called him. After about a half hour he came out and we drove back to change the tires... waiting for us was the Salt River police department. We were on private land (it is a reservation) The cop gave him a warning and we changed the tires.

I only had a chance to snap about 5 pics of the cactii in the sunset. As I was walking back i brushed up against a cholla cactus that is still lodged nito the back of my leg. The tips of the cactus have anchors that make it quite difficult to remove the needles. It broke off when I tried to remove it with tweezers.

The price we pay for our crazy passion!!!

Tweezers and duct tape, Voo!

:lol:

that's right, duct tape should do the trick :LOL:

sorry, thats not really funny .. but it sure put a grin to my face ... sounds like me and doxx's luck :eek:

So you've managed to turn photography into a dangerous sport?
What's next, making it an Olympic event?
I think including it in a triathlon would be a bit much though.

Oh, voodoo, I feel for you!

But sometimes you have to walk along the rough path in order to get (in a picture) what you want to get, don't you?

I can hardly wait for the outcome of your photo excursion. Even if you only got to take five pics, I'm sure all five of them have come out nice! Let us see them - let us see them - let us see them!

Is it wrong to laugh??? :LOL:

(poor little muffin...sorry you had such an aggravating day!)

It wasn't all that bad except that I didn't really get to take many pictures. By the time I hiked up a hill to get some shots of the sunset I didn't have much time left to work with. I was frantic trying to find some good shots and my cheap ass tripod takes forever to adjust and 5 shots is all I got.

But then I got to go bowling and there were lots of hotties at the bowling alley ;) so the day didn't end too shabby.

yeh, i know about those "cheap a$$ tripods" :lol: .. own one myself .. it takes almost 30 mins to adjust :? ... hopefully we get a new one

Well if I'd get off my lazy @ss and snap some photos of my enlarger to sell on ebay, I could buy a new tripod. I'm getting the bogen 3001 with a pan/tilt head :)

oi, sounds like a rather eventful day... luckily you had your friend with ya there and apparently a mobile phone which is always handy. Sorry about the coolla cactus, but hopefully those shots will turn out nice!!

Most reactions

Back