Had to share this one!

Well the candle inside made for some nice shadows. As far as it being soft, does everything have to be in razor sharp focus? That one guy "er111a" has been doing some nice looking abstract work, long exposures, light trails, etc.. I don't think you always have to adhere to the rules to produce a pleasing image.

I would say it's soft because you used Auto Focus and shot at f/1.8 with this lighting.

I would stop down, and manually focus the shot.

Well the candle inside made for some nice shadows. As far as it being soft, does everything have to be in razor sharp focus? That one guy "er111a" has been doing some nice looking abstract work, long exposures, light trails, etc.. I don't think you always have to adhere to the rules to produce a pleasing image.

Something has to be in focus.

Maybe we could call it the cataract movement, or the Vaseline eyes effect.

okay okay...

I'll go play with it some more... but I'm not editing the handle out again lol... that was a pain in the a** and I suck at editing :(

lol, now don't lie to me just to make me feel good :)

I am taking the criticism constructively :)

Getting ready to post a reshoot (unedited... lol)

036-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

030-3.jpg

029-1.jpg

Take your pic :)

All were MF... On #4 (which looks soft to me) I was MF on the big leaf on the front... The focus indicator thingy beeped to let me know I was focused... So I think it is partially the candle light that is making them come out so soft ;)

And I'm sure #2 could use a crop ;)

I like the first one the best. In the second one the black wall in the top left corner is distracting me.

Yeah i think that looks better. I think i still like the first one in the set of 4 the best though. I do like in how the candles are infront of the basket in the second pic though. It gives some light to the front of the basket.

yeah, I'm thinking these are probably the best pics I've posted here so far ;) I'm proud of me :) lol

Think it would look better with the front of the basket more in focus. Also you may want to try putting the candles in a curve around the basket - something about the weird slant of the candles bothers me....

Otherwise loving the colours and warmth of the photo.. take it you did it on long exposure?

shutter speed ranges 1/10-1/15 ;)

I mentioned that I MF'ed all the photos... Each time the focus indicator beep thing beeped which told me it was focused... I think it's the candle light that is making them seem soft ;)

Candle light does not make them soft ;)
Developing much better focus. I see you moved down to f/3.2, which gave you a sharper image.

What's this focus beep thing? I obviously haven't read the XSi manual thoroughly enough.. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back