Händel's MESSIAH

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You'll all be happy to know that Voodoo and I will be performing in an orchestra tomorrow night and Sunday night, the progarm will be Händel's Messiah.

Let the music begin!...:mrgreen:

A wonderful work. I know a few people that have performed it as part of the choir. They all agree that it is an amazing and uplifting experience they will always remember.
Have fun and good luck.

Wow! someone actually spelled Händel right! Congrats on the um laut! :mrgreen:
I saw it a few years ago. It was on Christmas Eve, so of course the entire audience had a cold. *cough, cough* and then...the conductor (in between mvts) turns around and said "If you feel you must cough, please at least make some attempt to stifle it. It is very distracting to the other audience members and the musicians. Thank you." He was never invited back...
Good luck with the concert!

clarinetJWD said:
Wow! someone actually spelled Händel right! Congrats on the um laut! :mrgreen:

He he... Yeah, that'd be me, the anal retentive speller!:lmao:

Mitica100 said:
You'll all be happy to know that Voodoo and I will be performing in an orchestra tomorrow night and Sunday night, the progarm will be Händel's Messiah.

Let the music begin!...:mrgreen:
This is fabulous! :cheer: I wish I could be there. I would love to see you two there! It's one of my favorites. You have to be dead inside for that music not to make you want to stand up and cheer. :thumbup:

Break a leg, and who is running the tape board?? :mrgreen:

Oh cool. I love that piece (apart from the Hallelujah-chorus)! We performed it two years ago (I think), and although I wasn't in the orchestra, I was in the choir :D. I still love the "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" chorus. And many others.
Just not the Hallelujah so much any more (too often heard - therefore, by the way, hardest to practise, since we wanted to give it "our touch" and not sing it like everyone else does... I think we got it. The tape sounds ok :)).
If anyone knows a good site onto which I could upload some music, I could post links... but I haven't got a clue as to how to do that and where to put my music. Would need to be a site free of charge such as Photobucket for photos ...

Sounds wonderful!

Stellar performance! It was a sing-along, with hundreds of church goers singing all the Choir pieces and ending with Hallelujah (the short, "Christmas" version). People seemed to have enjoyed it a lot.

Was much fun! It's been 9 yrs since I played in an orchestra and I really miss it. This has inspired me to audition for the Tempe Symphony the next time auditions are open.

voodoocat said:
Was much fun! It's been 9 yrs since I played in an orchestra and I really miss it. This has inspired me to audition for the Tempe Symphony the next time auditions are open.
Cool!! I hope you get in, Voods. :thumbup:

Sounds like it was a great time. I wish I could have been there. I love that piece, and it's always extra fun when you know someone playing or singing in the choir. :D

Congrats to you both!

Most reactions

Back