voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So we decided to try something different for lunch so my wife and I headed to this place called the Wild Dog cafe. When we got in line I noticed there was a imaging business that had access through the cafe as well. I told heather what I wanted to went to check it out. I have a couple medium format slides I want drum scanned but haven't gotten around to sending them away. So I asked if they had drum scanning services. He tried selling me on a regular CCD scan done but I said I wanted drum... so he gave me the price. $25 to setup and $0.85/meg. So for a 6x6cm slide at 4000 dpi 16 bit the grand total would be.... about $340 :LOL: right... lemme go grab that slide and write you a check :roll:

im thinking origami would have been a way less expensive hobby to get into.

md

That's insane. :shock:

They *might* not be there next time you hit that restaurant. Just a feeling. :wink:

:shock: Ouch!

I guess the guy doesn't need the business.

I take it $340 is too expensive?

oriecat said:
Maybe he had a decimel place off and it's supposed to be $34.
He only told me the price per meg they charge... i know it's about 400 megs so I did the math.

oriecat said:
Oooh. When maybe he meant 8.5 cents instead of 85. I just don't see how they could be THAT off from the competition. :shock: Or they're just really dumb....

They thought Chad looked dumb, more than likely. :twisted:

::turns to flee::

voodoocat said:
So we decided to try something different for lunch so my wife and I headed to this place called the Wild Dog cafe. When we got in line I noticed there was a imaging business that had access through the cafe as well.
This is too funny. We tried this place once as well but the $7 and up per sandwich that are only the size of a medium bagel, packed in a $6 box has kept us from going back. While I was there I checked out the imaging place as well.

Millions of dollars worth of equipment they have at their disposal with your typical graveyard shift Kinko's employee running the show "Uh, I think that one over there is color?". Either that or it was the boss' son :wink:

Awsome work on the walls of both that store and the cafe though.............

malachite said:
voodoocat said:
So we decided to try something different for lunch so my wife and I headed to this place called the Wild Dog cafe. When we got in line I noticed there was a imaging business that had access through the cafe as well.
This is too funny. We tried this place once as well but the $7 and up per sandwich that are only the size of a medium bagel, packed in a $6 box has kept us from going back. While I was there I checked out the imaging place as well.

Millions of dollars worth of equipment they have at their disposal with your typical graveyard shift Kinko's employee running the show "Uh, I think that one over there is color?". Either that or it was the boss' son :wink:

Awsome work on the walls of both that store and the cafe though.............
Yeah, I was checking out the photos too... and I ordered a chicken ceaser but it was still $6.50... not very economical for lunch.

When I refused his offer for a simple ccd scan in favor of a higher quality drum scan he seemed a little annoyed with me at that point. That is when he gave me the ridiculous price.

Most reactions

Back