HAI INTERNETZ, I MAEK PICS!!!1!ONE!1

Sam K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry, don't know what it is about writing an introduction that makes me go spastic with the title... anyway:

I'm Sam (this much should be obvious), age 36, living in the lands of naked volleyball and polar bears on the streets (never really figured out how we manage to combine those two things). Until this week, I have never owned a camera more advanced than those in my cell phones. And I never used those much.

This has been bothering me slightly for a while, as I have come to realize there's hardly any pictures of my life the last 15 years or so. And as I (despite my best efforts) seem to be getting older, I figured that could be nice to have some day. So I decided to get a camera, and because I'm a man dangerously close to a mid-life crisis (and with no family to protest my reckless spending), I decided to go from cellphone-camera-I-don't-use to system camera. Granted, a Canon 700D that I got a decent deal on, but still.

So, my knowledge about photography is restricted to what I learned from a couple of days reading tutorials, and having previously figured out (through trial and error) that selfies is for other people. Hoping to pick up some tips on what I can do to become slightly less terrible!

Cheers!

Hi! We'll all help with questions!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard.

The first three steps:
1. Read the user's manual.
2. Read the user's manual.
3. Read the user's manual.

The idea is to be familiar with all the various knobs and settings; you want to know what each one does.

Welcome aboard.

The first three steps:
1. Read the user's manual.
2. Read the user's manual.
3. Read the user's manual.

The idea is to be familiar with all the various knobs and settings; you want to know what each one does.

The manual has been bedtime reading material the last few nights :)

Well, the spastic title made me laugh anyway, so welcome! :D

Welcome! Lots to learn here, enjoy your stay!

Most reactions

Back