hai this is my first post . please C&C on my shot

joshwaaa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello , this is my first time to post :)
im having fun learning in this forum. hope to learn more

please C&C on some of my street shots ..

soldiers on march
4441221936_3c611cab36.jpg

different balloons
4439306013_3acd95f274.jpg

guarding my post
4440441443_db2d177ffb.jpg

Welcome! :)
Good ideas for pics.

soldiers on march.
I like images with leading lines. My suggestion would be to get slightly left or right so the line angles across the frame. This would also put the attention on the faces, or rifles (if you shot slightly higher).

different balloons
Since the boy is looking to the left (the boy's right) I would shoot this with more space on that side, placing the boy on the right side of the frame. It's a general rule of thumb to give the subject space to look into. There are times it's appropriate to break that "rule". For this shot I would use it though. Sometimes the issue is distracting elements forcing you to center the subject, in which case you could try zooming in on the face tighter. Some balloons would still be in the shot, you could use the rule leaving space toward the direction the subject is looking, and it is not always necessary to include the entire subject to portray the idea. I would maybe clone out some of the garbage on the street.

The last one is pretty neat. A little dark in the foreground, maybe fill light would help. I would also try shooting it from slightly to the left so that a single row of people are included. Seeing the row beyond makes it somewhat cluttered feeling.

You have a good eye. Thanks for sharing and opening yourself up to comments. Again, welcome to TPF! :)

Last edited:
sir, thank you for the critics , it helps me a lot specially on the angle of shooting and the perspective.. i'll keep that in mind.. :)

hope to here some more..

Welcome to the forum.

Tim had great insight. Non-the-less I enjoyed your pictures.

Keep posting.

Most reactions

Back