Reaction score
Website
www.tomaswhitehouse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First post in here and a little story to it too! :lol:

3614288072_c67e6647c5_o.jpg

3614288062_fb94131b27_o.jpg

Just last week I received an email from a wee young high school/college student who wanted to enter a competition for young upcoming stylists, she was trying to find a photographer that wasn't going to charge the earth to get a few shots of her styling and wondered if I was available.

I didn't have any bookings or prior engagements on the day in question so I offered to do our young stylists shots free of charge, what the hey, this could be fun.

When meeting the girls (model, stylist and translator), they were very shy but very eager and got straight to work in a big cloud of hairspray.

I think their mother tongue was Russian (although I do get mixed up) and there was a small language barrier that didn't really prove to be a problem at all.

It was great fun and I think we got what we needed. I'm very much looking forward to doing more of this kind of portrait in future.

Lighting details on my blog

Thanks for lookin!

T.

I really like your pics, especially #1. I checked out your blog, some cool pics you got there.

Now to quit procrastinating...

both are good shots. congrats....wish u get more chances for shoots.

Nicely done. #1 is a nice example of longside lighting and #2 is just simply very well done. Tonal and dynamic range are both just perfect. The brightest highlights are crisp but still retain detail. The pefectly positioned catchlights really give the image life!

I've worked with quite a few Russian models and they are generally pretty good. That applies though to most of the girls from East Europe, however I'm always happy when they speak at least a little English, which most of them do thankfully. Try not to do too many free jobs though. Being paid for your photography helps to pay the bills ;)

Most reactions

Back