I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some photos from a shoot for a high end hair salon. I've been sitting on these for a while, waiting for them to be released. They didn't want their secret hair styles to get out too soon. These versions are not cropped as hair competition images...just how I felt like I wanted to crop them.

0001-web1.jpg

9947-web1.jpg

0002-web1.jpg

0050-web1.jpg

8310-web.jpg

8468-web1.jpg

9759-web1.jpg

9753-web1.jpg

I collaborated with Speedtrap for this shoot, I'm sure he will have some images to show off as well.

really great. awesome lighting.

what salon was it?

ha! That was trippy. I just saw Speedtraps pictures, then come see these and I'm like... what the???
collaboration. Nice!
Was this a salon in Edmonton?
I love all the shots. I've worked in a salon and been a hair model so I really appreciate the work you guys have done.

Thanks.

These were done for a great hairdresser who works at Ricci, in downtown Edmonton. The owner of the salon was won hairdresser of the year, I think it's two years running.

great shots. The hair styles on the other hand :lol: but what do I know about modern hairstyling?

If anyone is interested, I made up this lighting diagram. It wasn't exactly like this for every shot, but it's typical.

951-LightingSetup-01.jpg

Thanks Pete. The hardest part has been sitting on these for so long. I think this shoot was in June of last year and the client didn't want them public until this week.

thanks for the diagram, I love to see how people set up their lighting. Being a complete noob to lighting, it sure helps to see it!
And for those out there that are confused by the hairstyles, yes, this is what hair is all about!

All round good job. Client must be happy. Thanks for sharing your lighting layout as well.

If anyone is interested, I made up this lighting diagram. It wasn't exactly like this for every shot, but it's typical.

951-LightingSetup-01.jpg
awesome shots what programs do you use to make these light set ups i have seen before... thanks

The lighting set up was made in Photoshop. The 'template' is a Photoshop file with dozens of layers for the equipment you might use.

Awesome:thumbup: Nice and sharp, lighting looks fab. I like really crisp studio shots where I can see the detail of the irises.

I really like the 3rd and especially the 7th.

Most reactions

Back