Hair Models

Excellent work Mike, you're stuff has improved over the last few months from what I remember (not that it was ever bad lol)... Look forward to seeing more :)

These are fantastic!

#4 seems a bit too warm to me, but it might just me personal preference. Its almost like you her skin is a bit too saturated, though. Its still awesome, though!!!

Love your setup. I would love to do work like this one day...

I love them all, except for #7. I'm not quite sure how to say it, but cutting off the top of her dress just makes the picture seem strange to me.

Not much to critique here, fantastic shots. Perfect focus, lighting, composition, you name it. Good work man

Mike, very cool. Particularly was grabbed by #7. The copperishness and the "I'm wearing nothing but my hair, what the hell else would I need?!!?" look was really amazing.

The light you had on the hair itself... was that in some sort of focuse beam like a snoot or something?

The light you had on the hair itself... was that in some sort of focuse beam like a snoot or something?

The back light on the hair was a 7" reflector and a 10 deg grid to limit the beam. It was about 8 feet off the ground on a slight downward angle

Wow i saw this link Mike posted in another thread, certainly deserves a grave-dig bump

Hey Mike, by any chance can you get that lighting diagram back up? or actually do you remember the set up?

Hey Mike, by any chance can you get that lighting diagram back up? or actually do you remember the set up?
I remember that it wasn't anything too complicated. Speedtrap and I probably know 5 times as much about lighting as we did back then. :lol:

Most/all the shots were lit by a large softbox, I think it was another softbox for fill. We had one or two lights with grids, up high and behind the models for accent/hair lights. And there was a single background light with a scoop. We moved the lights around as needed and sometimes used a reflector.

$short-bob-hairstyles.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back