Halloween and kids-CC please

cgcaudle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a Canon 450D xsi and have been taking shots of everything I can. This is my first post and just thought I'd throw some images out. It was very dark in my living room, so I had to force 1600 ISO to get a handheld shot. I thought I was going to see a lot more grain in the pics.
I had it on aperture priority, because I'm just starting out and it's my comfort zone, but I bracketed a few shots and I like these darker ones.
Let me know what you think...
1)
IMG_0698.jpg

2)
IMG_0717.jpg

The one with the girl is the best...I think its wonderful!

The second one might be better if it was taken farther away (like the 1st one)

Thanks for your comments. The second photo was actually after we moved the pumpkins away from a light coming from the kitchen. There's another photo, I'll find it and post it, that's very similar to the first photo which is a longer exposure and shows the light from our kitchen reflecting onto objects in the background. So, I stopped it down a few steps and came up with the darker exposure for the first pic....then moved the pumpkins.
The problem is getting a good shot of my son that's not blurry. He moves around a lot, as most 18 month olds do. Jumping up to 1600 ISO helped out.
Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back