Hallway

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by blatalllic, Mar 27, 2007.

1. blatalllic

blatalllic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    In this photo I wanted to capture my hallway in B&W. The room was completely dark with the excemption of the hallway light at the end...I was going to a dark but but comfortable feeling...I want in a sense make the hall way look long...Kinda like light at the end of the tunnel....

Camera Settings....
    I was on the floor laying flat for this shot
    Monotone mode
    f5
    ISO: 200
    14MM
    Shutter 1/1 sec

[​IMG]

Any comments or things I should change would greatly be appreciated....Im here to learn so be harsh LOL

2. tahmail

tahmail TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like this a lot but I'm not sure why. I don't see much I'd change but I'll check back and see what others post - maybe remove the bright reflection from the floor in the fore ground so the lines in the floor take your eye to the door. Well done.

3. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't think that the horizon is completely level. My only real complaint is a complete lack of midtone contrast.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    To me it seems like the bright reflection on the floor takes away a little from your intent to make it look like a tunnel with the famous light at its end, for there is already so much light there on the way to that end, see what I mean?

Other than that, the piece of furniture on the right helps create the effect, the sofa (?) on the left not quite so with its rounded shape, but since this is the photo of "what is", only worked towards a desired effect by POV and exposure, I would not suggest to move around anything!

Therefore, all in all I think you are getting where you want to get to, indeed.

5. blessedLens

blessedLens TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yea you need to straighten out the pic