Hamburg for advanced students - the Town Hall

hamburger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.heidorn-hamburg.de
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lots to see in the Town Hall's courtyard, namely the fountain with all those ghoulish and not-so-ghoulish chaps around:

hh300307101.jpg

hh300307100.jpg

hh300307095.jpg

hh300307092.jpg

hh300307091.jpg

hh300307090.jpg

hh300307082.jpg

I know this one's a bit out of focus; I never realised until I saw it on my PC screen... :-(

And this lady is towering over them all:
hh300307116.jpg

Well, I have been in the inner court yard of Hamburg Town Hall before, but I don't remember that fountain! :shock:
But the only time I ever went there was in summer of 1999 when we moved up north and everything about Hamburg was extremely new to me, so I took absolute tourist pics at the time and had no eye for the details.

I do like your chosen DOF (depth of field) in Photo 3! Just the hands in focus ... I like that. Or only the mirror in 7... nice play with the wide open lens! :D

I agree, nice play with DOF in most of them.

It wors particulary well in number 3 ... however, it does not work for me in number 7 (with the mirror in focus). not sure why though!

Hmm, haven't been to Hamburg for many years now!

oh, and 3 is my overall favourite anyway ;)

I agree, nice play with DOF in most of them.

It wors particulary well in number 3 ... however, it does not work for me in number 7 (with the mirror in focus). not sure why though!

Thanks Alex! Actually, #7 wasn't intended that way... I hadn't graduated to manual exposure by that time and the automatic exposure kept playing tricks on me. Keep in mind that I've only had this camera for a few weeks, haven't mastered all its functions yet - and had the manual safely at home and not at hand, of course!!!!

Most reactions

Back