Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last weekend I was in Hamburg and managed to get this one of the port:

47456932.jpg

I must admit that with this one (which is perfect as a print and I'm considering blowing the print up into a nice enlargement, it's good enough for that) I put it through some "photoshopping" because the original scan had taken sooo much away from the photo. On the computer screen, it's still not as nice as on paper... but this is all I felt safe to do.

The same applies to this one (same location, only a little later):

47457061.jpg

On a nice day, I must take time out and go into Hamburg for some photos ONLY!!! There certainly are so many motifs!!!

Ships and shipyards have always fascinated me. Good work. If you are interested, Charles Scheeler did a lot of "ship" paintings.

I'm considering blowing the print up into a nice enlargement, it's good enough for that)

Keep mind that that photos are enlarged not blown up.

OK, thanks for the correction of my English, I'll keep that in mind, but "enlarged" and "enlargement" would have been a repetition... but ok.
(The word as such was fairly unknown to me until the spam e-mail started to arrive in my account... but they mean something other than photos there........... :shock: :roll: :? )

The port attracts me so, it's there that I want to go next and take some more photos!

nice work laphoto - i meant to go to port auckland today but went to the train station to take pics :) You've inspired me to go to the docks, though and i will go soon!

both shots are nice!

Really like that first pic and don't fret the enlargement thing...many people tell me my pics should be blown up.

Mark, it was good of you to go to the train station. I've seen the results of your work done there - and commented on it.
If it weren't an hour drive to get there, I'd be in Hamburg more often and would explore more. Today it's overcast, so the light's not as nice as it was yesterday and the day before, but spring is lurking somewhere (so they say), so there will be plenty of chances.
As to these two photos of the port: they really and truly were the only two I took. So I did not have many to choose from, I had to make do with the only two that were there.

The longer I think about it, the more serious I get about having the first one enlarged, and if only to see if the sharpness that I assume is there from the small print REALLY is there... I'd then cut some parts off ("crop it" is the word I learned for this here), mostly so at the bottom. Didn't do that for putting it up here...

Editing in: But then... would I really want to crop it? After yet another glance... I would not want the benches at the bottom to go. Only that roof there, but it can't go without losing the benches... We'll see...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back