Hamilton Island, Australia

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Silkwood, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Silkwood

Silkwood TPF Noob!

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I am very new to all this, so bear with me :)

The camera i use is a Nikon 995

This first photo i have attached is of the "fake" lighthouse on Hamilton Island, Australia

Please help me out with improvments,

Jay

[​IMG]

2. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    hi matie, good to have ya onboard!

I think its nicely composed shot, the colours are nice. Here are just my opinions:

1. A little less water on the bottom, I think it would work better if the water had different hues like green and blue like alot of aussie beaches have.
    1. Actually everything else is framed quite nicely, i liked the fact you go the lighthouse pinned against the dark green background, its stands out alot more than it would againts the light blue sky.
    3. Try the shot again when there are more clouds in the sky, you do have a couple here, but clouds add interest
    4. I am curious to what happened to the reflection of the lighthouse, it goes out about halfway and seems to die... perhaps its the current :scratch:

Overall its a nice shot, the colours are good. Its a nice sunny day, something good if you want to attract people to go to this place. However for a 'wow' factor it probably needs a little bad weather or dramatic lighting to give it that zing. You found a good location to take the shot, its just a matter of finding the right time. Try right after a storm, the lighting is always good then!

3. Silkwood

Silkwood TPF Noob!

Vonnagy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. As i said, this was my very first attempt at taking a "nice" photo.

I will keep your suggestions in mind,

Thanks

Jay

4. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks like the water starts to move there. Happens alot of here around the inlet areas as well. If you hard enough you can see a faint reflection on the moving water area.