Hamlet

Ady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A cold morning in the Dales looking down on a hamlet, I was quite pleased with the end result.............any C/C appreciated.

4176387083_9d43c5c4e0_b.jpg

looks like a nice place. i'd have gotten the camera onto the other side of the fence though.

Love it! I agree with the PP, I would have avoided the first fence. The stone wall adds a really cool focal point though...leds the eye down the picture. The wire fence just confuses me.

It's amazing how HDR processing can flatten an image.

Thanks for the feedback - I see what you are saying about the mesh wire but I think the stump and square mesh in the foreground adds interest as without it would just be a straightforward view.............subjective like most things.

Another from the same walk without as much processing, possibly my fave shot from the set today - went with a similar idea for the immediate foreground using the gate to point to the scene.

4176384355_c2d1fda5a7_b.jpg

There is a bit of haloing.
The tree blends in completely with the background hills.
Flat. Again.

I don't like the gate in the second shot, myself. I think the wall would be sufficient in leading into the picture. The tree seems a little odd as well, and there's some significant halo'ing. Still very cool and love how far you can see the rolling hills.

Edit: Like BJ pointed out, I think it's the flatness that makes the tree weird to me.

Yeah, and using the gate as a leading line away from the tree.
It overpowers the wall as a leading line.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back