Hammered Ice

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well another day has came, and SpaceNut and myself have embarked on another mission of crushing ice. Here is one of our many captures of this remarkable event and there are more episodes to come, we have learned something new to toy with :lmao:, and as soon as we get it perfected, we will post. Thanks for looking and C/C always welcome!!

hammered-ice.jpg

Not sure why no one has commented on this one yet. It looks really cool, as usual. What's the red thingy? Also, do you remember the tech details?

very cool, love the colors!

I'm really diggin' the tension of the hand. The yellow shirt, the green hammer head and the red "thingy" all work together. Nice.

All your experiments with "stop motion destruction" have been such fun to look at, were very well done, exposed, focussed ... I have enjoyed each and every one of your little series and am enjoying this photo very much again, too. So this is SpaceNut's aka Steve's (?) hand applying the hammer to the ice?

-Whats the EXIF data for this? I'm curious as to what your f-stop and shutter speed are as well as the ISO that you took for this.

-I also think this image would be much more powerful without any of the text on it. As it is, that glowing weird font at the bottom is completely pulling my eye away from the focus of the picture, and thats not fair to the picture itself. Because as far as I'm concerned, the focus needs to be on the red within the ice.

Otherwise, neat concept and execution. A multiple exposure shot of this kind of thing would be really neat too.

Also, you're from Kankakee?! I'm from Bourbonnais! Small world.

Love the fact that you guys are experimenting with actions and colors and such. That will only get you better pictures. Great work. This one, I think, is nice. I like the colors, but IMHO it would have been better if you captured the hammer midway through the ice.

keep 'm coming!

pascal

well it was only a matter of time before you had a try at this, with the crushed lightbulbs and exploding ice experiments before this.
very nice, as all the experiments before.

-Whats the EXIF data for this? I'm curious as to what your f-stop and shutter speed are as well as the ISO that you took for this.

Also, you're from Kankakee?! I'm from Bourbonnais! Small world.

Reaaly, You ever been to the camera club? Hmmmm. Lets see shutter remained open for about a 1 second and a half, and the f/stop would have been around f8, and ISO set at 100. Hope this helps

Very cool. Sorry I missed this experiment. Several have asked about the red thingy- I think the ice was dyed different colors for different effects. I am anxiously awaiting the next explosion photo- there seems to be no limit to the imagination. Nice job.

If I may speak for Clark. When we froze the water in paper cups, we made some with dye so it would give the ice some special effect and left some ice clear. We also froze different sizes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back