Hancock tower looking down Storrow dr

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you think, I feel its missing something, might have taken it at the wrong time of day.
StorrowHancock.jpg

The vanishing point effect of this photo is really good. (Though the point is not really vanishing, it leads right to that tower... should call it "converging lines", maybe?)
The overall colour impression of this pic (for me here) is "green" ... as in "with a hint of a green cast" ... and even the sky has some of it ... and so does that tower, so it does not stand out as much as you had hoped it would. Is that what you think is missing? The tower really standing out?

Your right about the green, Ill redo it this evening. I really want the tower pop I think an hour before sunset it would be best as the face of the building will reflect the sunest/sky. This is actually three photos stitch together. you can tell by the half car in the right lane. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of that half car without making a obvious alteration mark on the photo.

Is the tower lit up at night? And do you have access to this position at night. I'm thinking long exposure with traffic trails right up to an illuminated tower. Mmmmmm.

Yeah I could take it at night, although I would have to do it in a single shot as trying to stich three photos togeter with all those lights would be a near impossible task. I agree that would be a nice shot, maybe something just afterthe sun sets and the lights are on but the sky is not 100% dark yet. When ever I get to it Ill make sure to post it.

Reminds me that I need to stay in town some night for some shots...the Boston side from Cambridge side down near MIT looks great at night when the lights are on! The car lights would also be a great shot...but, as things are around here...since the incidents of things getting dropped from overpasses might have us wrapped in security dudes in a flash!

Is this the shot you speak of?
BostonNightimePano_filteredSm.jpg

I haven't heard much about people throwing things off overpasses though here is one from another overpass on Storrow
Storrowatnight_filtered.jpg

Most reactions

Back