Hand-coloring

carolineruth12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I sepia-toned this picture and then colored it...let me know what you think!
n1149751438_30634609_6058.jpg

I like it in terms of technique.

Does "by hand" mean that you printed it out and took some colored pencils to it, or does it mean that you carefully used the Paint Brush tool in PhotoShop?

I did this entirely without the aid of a computer. Printing, sepia toning, hand coloring...everything.

i do this also. it certainly gives your photographs a different look. i wish i could find the oils somewhere onilne for a cheaper price than what i normally see. this photo is nice though.

I did this entirely without the aid of a computer. Printing, sepia toning, hand coloring...everything.

Wow. Okay, now it's even more impressive in my eyes. :D

Anyone else like that? You form an opinion about something but then when you learn what went into it that opinion changes?

Wow. Okay, now it's even more impressive in my eyes. :D

Anyone else like that? You form an opinion about something but then when you learn what went into it that opinion changes?

Yeah i totally understand! Plus since Photoshop is so mainstream these days, it's easy to see why you would make that assumption.
Speaking of Photoshop...anyone think they should make a forum section dedicated to photoshopped images? Just an idea...might be cool though.

Pretty! Did you use oils or colored pencils? I can't wait to get back in the darkroom..

is the paint beading up on the shoe?

I used colored pencils. No, it's not beading up (cause it isn't paint) but i wasn't very careful and it turned out a little rough. Plus i was trying to get more shading on the shoe and, as i kept coloring over it, the finish wore off and the pencil didn't stick as well.

I used colored pencils. No, it's not beading up (cause it isn't paint) but i wasn't very careful and it turned out a little rough. Plus i was trying to get more shading on the shoe and, as i kept coloring over it, the finish wore off and the pencil didn't stick as well.
I'm interested to know what paper you used, Caroline. I'm curious what you mean by "the finish wore off". Did you use an adhesive spray, or a paper with a "toothy" emulsion that started to break down during the coloring/rubdown process?

I deleted my post because I had been under the impression that the poster had submitted a photoshopped image. I would like to publicly apologize to Carolineruth and anyone else who was offended by my post. It was wrong of me to jump to conclusions and I again, I am sorry for my mistake.

what am i missing here, is there a missing repsonse?

who the F' knows? that sounded like a pointless use of huge words to me...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back