Hand-coloring

Yeah, i'm confused. Terri, i used an adhesive spray, and then after a while the pencil wouldn't stick. that's what i mean.
chronicle, i don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, i'm confused. Terri, i used an adhesive spray, and then after a while the pencil wouldn't stick. that's what i mean.
chronicle, i don't know what you're talking about.
Ah, that explains it. A good toothy emulsion on a photographic paper can usually take a bit of rubdown if you use a light touch. :) Some of the Kentmere papers are very good for hand coloring, especially with the oil pencils. You might want to look at some of them as an alternative to using the "workable fix" type of sprays.

At any rate, it's so nice to see someone toning/handcoloring in this traditional way. A girl after my own heart! I hope to see more of your work.

So you took a photo and then colored this stuff in?

I can't even draw a stick figure! :lmao: Guess I'll have to stick to standard prints! :lol:

Really cool picture there. Wish I could pull something like that off.

You say you used adhesive to create the abrasiveness to color it in. When your done is it sticky? I'm wondering how you'd put this in a frame without messing up the glass. Another coat of something?

no, it's not sticky, just a little rough to the touch. And it's not that hard to color if you used colored pencils!

jon,
one would never put a photo up against the glass, it is important to use a window matt around the photo to protect it as well as increase it's presentation value.

Most reactions

Back