Hand grips

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Lunchbox, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looking for a good hand grip...I have a battery grip d200 and i am a lil nervous on some of these 6-9$ leather hand grips i see on amazon, their quality and what not.

didnt know if there was a popular one that a lot of you used and liked.

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    It is axiomatic, "You get what you pay for."

If you want to trust a $1000+ camera/lens/grip to a $9 eBay hand strap, go for it. ;)

3. Vinny

Vinny TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just wrap the camera strap around my hand and use that as a hand grip. I don't have a battery grip on my camera but I would assume that you still have access to the camera strap protrusions that are on the camera with a battery grip on. I find it easy to hold the camera the way the Nikon D90 is shaped (I guess all DSLRs are kind of shaped the same way).

I bought a Lowepro camera strap and it has quick release buckles on it if I want to not use the camera strap for any reason. I looked at the type of hand grip you were looking at and decided I didn't want to give up a camera strap plus I found those types of grips on a camcorder were a PITA to use usually.

4. Seekwence

Seekwence TPF Noob!

I have one of those wrist straps ($10 on Amazon). It is an Opteka and I actually enjoy shooting with it. It does take a little getting used to and is a pain to take on and off to exchange with regular neck strap. The platform mounts to the tripod mount, so it might feel pretty bulky when used with a battery grip as well.