hands tied

Before you go on and read this, I'd like to know what dou you hear from it and what it conveys to you.

Actually, it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to... (partly because of the pajama pants, that's sucky...) so it doesn't speak a lot. I assume that idea speaking is not a success here. The idea was that a lot of people live with their "hand tied" mainly by their own fault and are only waiting for someone to free them without trying to see by themselves if they really are that tied. But then again i don't want to fall into the north-american concept of "freedom", which is mere and superficial. I wasn't trying to illustrate the lack of freedom of speech/thought/religion/whatever is in the chart of freedoms but rather the lack of freedom we unwillingly impose to ourselves and to our mind. and sometimes we need someone else to get us out of there...

Ok, there's a lot of contradiction in what i just said, but, huh... i guess i didn't have any particular and precise idea when shooting this. i just had that vision and somewhere it coincided with what i felt like... I gave it a try cause it joined my feelings at that moment, but now, trying to see what it conveys to me NOW... something like "personnal freedom of mindspread", if it shall be expressed in constitution style. But i absolutely have to say that it doesn't mean that the freedom is cut up by somebody else, but by ourselves, most of time.

Most reactions

Back