hands

trodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
edgyhands.jpg

4x5 paper negative on speedgraphic camera.
i like the lighting here, and i really like her hands aswell.
t.r.

I'm not sure what to think of this one...what's in her hands? What is that in the background, and is that a scratch or something in the right side of the picture that runs thru whatever she is holding in her hands? These are all questions coming to my mind when I see this. Also what's the intent with this picture? I'm getting a sort of creepy feeling from it, mostly because it leaves me with so many questions. Also the front hand looks a bit out of focus to me as well...but mostly I'm still just left not knowing what to think :confused:

in her hands she holds sticks. this was shot on a railing-type construction that connected to a building. the back of this railing is a piece of wood, which is what im assuming resembles the scratch you see. the hand in the foreground is out of focus -- when i began using paper, i wanted to see what selective focus resulted in. it ended up being close to what it would be on film. the background has some snow in it.
the purpose is more difficult to answer. i wanted to creep. i wanted to make something that asked questions -- abstract without being visually so. she could be ridiculously starved for food, waiting for her meal to come. she could be ready to fight. what is she looking at and why? if there is no "real" answer, anything becomes far more unsettling.
i question it myself, which is part of why i like this.
thank you for giving me something to chew on!!!
t.r.

I like the lighting and the tones a lot. The subject and composition not so much..the subject is too clean to seem really scary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back