Hanimar Auto Lens 135mm 1:2.8 or Rexatar Automatic 200mm 1:3.3? Which would you pick?

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I have been bugging the heck out of all of you about finding a lens. Well I found some in my price range!
But I only have the money for one right now. :( So which one would you go with?
The 135mm f2.8 or the 200mm f3.3?
I am wanting something that will work good for portraits (among other stuff) and I don't know which one to pick, so I thought maybe some of you could tell me which one you would rather have! :)

They are both under $30 after shipping, which seems like a good deal.

P.S.
They are going on a Canon T3i.

Agreed...MOST any 135mm f/2.8 lens is pretty good to near excellent, even pretty cheezy old ones. I had a 1970's era Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 lens...had a lot of CA...135mm is short enough that ED glass is usually not needed to prevent CA. 135/2.8's were very popular, and were optically almost all pretty decent. On your 1.6x Canon, the 135mm lens will be very handy! $30 is the right price too...I would pay no more for a standard, 3rd party 135/2.8. These were at one time VERY common.

Agreed...MOST any 135mm f/2.8 lens is pretty good to near excellent, even pretty cheezy old ones. I had a 1970's era Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 lens...had a lot of CA...135mm is short enough that ED glass is usually not needed to prevent CA. 135/2.8's were very popular, and were optically almost all pretty decent. On your 1.6x Canon, the 135mm lens will be very handy! $30 is the right price too...I would pay no more for a standard, 3rd party 135/2.8. These were at one time VERY common.

I see a lot of the 135mm f/2.8 on Ebay cheap, so I will have one soon! :)

On cropped sensor it still will be like 200 on FF.

On cropped sensor it still will be like 200 on FF.

That what I was thinking too. One of these days when I full frame camera, I will be all goofed up with the change! LOL :)

Most reactions

Back