Hannibal

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A rare sighting in eastern MA. Even rarer is seeing one eating one of it's own.

i-zM3m5cS-L.jpg

i-wbPWc6R-L.jpg

i-TtvccRd-L.jpg

Great capture's indeed.:clap:

Is that really another eagle it's eating or a duck? Very cool either way!

I've sent the pictures to a MA state biologist to find out what I may be eating.

He confirmed it's eating a Canada Goose. He says the black bill in the middle of the corpse confirms this.

AH, ok, that makes more sense! I have seen them eat 3 geese down here this year, but they have been too far away and juveniles.. Guess the goose is cooked!

AH, ok, that makes more sense! I have seen them eat 3 geese down here this year, but they have been too far away and juveniles.. Guess the goose is cooked!

Ya every pond and lake around here is frozen solid. From what I've heard they're getting a little desperate for food.

Ya every pond and lake around here is frozen solid. From what I've heard they're getting a little desperate for food.
I'm sure. There are small icebergs on Long Island sound. It's gotta be cold if sea water is freezing down here..

Kris you should try exchanging a cooked goose,chefs special in exchange for a photo shot.:1251:

Kris I got second confirmation from MA. Audubon ornithologists that it's a Canada Goose

Most reactions

Back