happiness

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do you guys think of this?
1847407806_cee63a6047.jpg

Wow, you've got a lot of colors going on in that one! Nice catchlights in the eyes, though I probably would've picked a different color background, maybe a soft brown. It's hard when the subject wears such popping colors as he did! The position of his arms draws the eye off the edge of the photo, rather than directing attention to his face. His face has an odd color cast to it that I just can't put my finger on. Anyone else?

it was a new background and he insisted on the pjs he had on. [hes my son who i practise on]

i messes about with the colours ect did i do it tooooooo much?

should i crop?

1) The skin tones are a bit too warm.
2) You need to get your subject much much further from the background if you don't want it (and all of its wrinkles) to stick out like a sore thumb.
3) Spend more time paying attention to shadows, highlights, contrast, and sharpness than colors.

I think this is snapshot from a mom with a camera and doesnt belong in the PROFESSIONAL section.

Thank you for proving my point. :thumbsup: Consider the gloves off.

Here come the bleeding-heart-anyonecanbeaprofessionals and the compassionate-but-agreethephotodoesn'tbelonghere's.

:popcorn:

By the way, I thought you got fed up and left. I left for a while. Nobody cared. Except maybe Terri who secretly wants my body and my film stash, and a couple other people who liked the fact that I said things that they wouldn't.

Continue.

By the way, I thought you got fed up and left. I left for a while. Nobody cared. Except maybe Terri who secretly wants my body and my film stash, and a couple other people who liked the fact that I said things that they wouldn't.

So basically you left for the same reasons. ha! I had every intention on leaving, I was even researching how to pull my name from this forum. But then, I received some messages asking me to stay and decided that there are some people here that genuinely want help and are hungry to learn and there are people here that I find very inspiring and can learn from as well. So I'm staying for awhile but I'm being honest from now. If it is crap, I'm saying so. If it is great, I say that as well. And that is that.

Edit: After talking to a great photographer who is a former member here and left to start his own forum, I think I should leave. In his words "it is just not wirth your time" and he's right!

This would be considered as more of a candid shot and certainly not a professional portrait. The arms are cut off toward the wrists, the right elbow is cut off and the underarms should not be running along the lower frame. The background interferes with the shot in both colour and texture. The colour clashes badly with the orange in the shirt. Direct flash is usually not used in professional portraits and if it is the reflections: nose, lips, cheeks are removed or fixed in postprocessing. The eyes also need some postprocessing work to eliminate evidence of flash bounce.
It would also be a good idea to take a look at some examples of posing for portraits.

skieur

this is my point.

this was not my son.

the photo and others taken on that day were paid for by a client.

so imo thats makes it a professional portrait.

so where do you suggest i post it

i got paid very well

now im well confused

some of the other pics on this gallery i dont like but if they got paid this is where they should be

cool.

im all for peace and harmony

nuff said

over and out:D

Hold on. Let me get this straight. You got paid well for that?

:lmao:

Who was your client? The kid?

yep paid quite nicely.

i tried to pm you but your profile does nt allow me too.

which after second thoughts is really just a well.

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back