Happy 15 month old

JoL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these as a gift for a couple that barely has any good photos of their cute, happy toddler. So last time when my fiance and I went over to babysit him for an evening I decided to bring my lights along and try to get some shots of him. The challenging thing was that he had learned to walk just a few days before and we had to run after him with the strobes to get some good pictures ;)
I have no experience whatsoever with photographing kids and would be happy about any comments and advice on what to look out for and maybe some tips and tricks on how to work with kids that age. Next time this will be on my camera for sure:

Link: Amazon.com Shutter Huggers Giraffe Shutter Hugger GIR001 Camera Photo

P2210285 by johanneslutz, on Flickr

P2210273 by johanneslutz, on Flickr

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey. I am in the same boat as you. I like these. Very good. Especially for a first try!

Good luck Bluffkin! Let me know how it went for you.

I like informal portraits, which #1 is. See, you really don't have to chase after the child, just wait until he is engaged with a picture book.

Definitely a cutie! oh, those eyes. Very nice pictures. I am sure his parents were thrilled!

Thanks for your comments, he's definitely a cute baby, and always in good mood!
Designer, next time I'll have to be more patient. Even when he was focusing on the book it was really tough to get a decent photo that shows his happy nature.

Most reactions

Back