Happy 240th Birthday US Marines

Out of curiosity, why does the image have an infantry emblem within the chevrons and the lower a fusiliers?

I'm a Master Gunnery Sergeant, The image is a bursting bomb. Every Marine is a trained rifleman. Most ranks will have cross rifles in the chevron representing that. Certain ranks have different emblems.

Here's a link;

Marine Ranks | Marine Corps Ranks

Semper Fi!!! I served in the Marines. My oldest son is in his 12th year and going for retirement. He is currently in Okinawa[emoji31]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Semper Fi!!! I served in the Marines. My oldest son is in his 12th year and going for retirement. He is currently in Okinawa[emoji31]

Cool, I just got back from Okinawa in June. Spent 4 years there. I love that place.

And Happy Birthday!!! Semper Fi!!!!

You probably know my son then.

You probably know my son then.

It's possible, but not likely. There's a few of us over there spread out pretty good. I was the Operations Chief at Combat Assault Battalion

Crap, I didn't get them anything! Would a re gifted bread machine be a bit of a faux pas?

But seriously, thanks to everyone who serves.

Crap, I didn't get them anything! Would a re gifted bread machine be a bit of a faux pas?

But seriously, thanks to everyone who serves.

I would totally go for a bread machine.

Happy Birthday Marine. The Corp is a year older than the USA.

My father was in the first wave at Guadalcanal. My Uncle was severely wounded at Bougainville. My cousin was in the 1st Division.

I covered Marines up in I Corp and the Middle East.

Semper Fidelas.

Happy Birthday Marine. The Corp is a year older than the USA.

My father was in the first wave at Guadalcanal. My Uncle was severely wounded at Bougainville. My cousin was in the 1st Division.

I covered Marines up in I Corp and the Middle East.

Semper Fidelas.

Thanks brother. We'll celebrate your heritage together.

My physician and I were having a guy discussion and I said that the USMC was arguable the best fighting force of modern times. He stated " Modern times ... how about for all time."

Most reactions

Back