• It's alright, just not my cup of tea.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

TamiyaGuy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was at this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed, a place to show off wonderful cars of the past, present and future, at its Forest Rally Stage at the top of the FoS. Obviously, this is a fantastic spot to take some photographs, with green foliage on both sides of the course, dappled light everywhere, and vividly coloured rally cars zooming past. I took camp at the inside of the first tight corner. There I was, snapping away.

A break in the stream of cars occured, so I thought it would be interesting to try shooting a hand-held HDR sequence of the sky & trees above me. So I shot the 3 images: 0EV, -2EV and +2EV. I'm afraid it didn't turn out so well :blushing:. Another car started off the line, a Renault 5 Turbo, so I quickly grabbed my camera and took a photo. But disaster! I left the settings on +2 Exposure compensation! What's more, the shutter speed turned to an awful 1/5th of a second.

However, on reviewing all my photographs, I must say I absolutely love this one. The blur is enourmous at the edges of the car, but it's great in the center. It just looks a bit different.

So, do you like it? Or is it simply a mistake?

dsc0052yf3.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool. I took a bunch like that at Limerock yesterday. Maybe try adding some contrast and saturation, then I think it might stand out a little more... Or maybe not.

Definitely a happy accident. It certainly captures the speed of the old Renault (and what a great car by the way).

What happens if you try to darken it a little? Is there data there, or is the bottom right corner completely gone?

i don't find any redeeming qualities in this picture... but if you like that's all that matters..

looks like other people on here like it too..

Had a go at the curves in GIMP. Here it is with about two minutes of editing:

dsc0052yf3997.jpg

I really like the edit, too bad that bottom right corner is completely blown......

Still looks cool as hell...

Had a go at the curves in GIMP. Here it is with about two minutes of editing:
WOAH, fantastic edit! Did you boost the constrast/saturation as well? I never knew you could get such a vivid image from a +2EV photo!

Yeah, it is a fantastic car. Shame I didn't get some of the other Group B rally cars too, but oh well. I managed to get a nice one of a Talbot Sunbeam, my dad's first car ^_^. I never knew it looked so ugly xD.

Last edited:
WOAH, fantastic edit! Did you boost the constrast/saturation as well? I never knew you could get such a vivid image from a +2EV photo!

Yeah, it is a fantastic car. Shame I didn't get some of the other Group B rally cars too, but oh well. I managed to get a nice one of a Talbot Sunbeam, my dad's first car ^_^. I never knew it looked so ugly xD.

Thank you!

I just scooped the curves pretty hard to bring the exposure back down, and adjusted the color balance a little to what I thought looked normal. Try sharpening it- that looks awesome.

We may have to flog those other two voters who didn't say the pic looked great. Good thing they are anonymous :lol:

We may have to flog those other two voters who didn't say the pic looked great. Good thing they are anonymous :lol:
If that means what I think it means, then thanks! I understand that some people might think it's not their cup of tea, but I just believe it's nice and different than the usual "freeze everything" photo, as good as they are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back