Happy Friday - Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by terri, Dec 30, 2005.

1. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What's everyone got on tap for a festive New Year's Eve?

It's been ages since I left the house for a NY party. I prefer to curl up at home by the fire with the hubby. This year, however, we're attending a wine dinner out of state. There will be lots of different wines with several courses, and these things can go on for hours. Whew! I hope I can make it till midnight. :blushing:

Happy New Year, everyone! :D

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    HNY!

We will be going to a party at a friend's place. Actually I used to rent their basement so it's a kind of home coming for me. :p

They got married in Cuba last year and threw their wedding party back home on Dec. 31....so this is almost an anniversary party for them.

The good news is that their house is only a few blocks from mine...so I don't have to take a cab or get a ride...I can just stumble home. :D

3. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

you know, call me boring, but i keep my silly self home..that is the one night that people who are not used to drinking get out to drink and DRIVE!!and we are talking about people who make their own drinks...(*hick*)

so this redneck chickie will be safely ensconced in my coffin till they sober up!

movies, popcorn, fireplace, and pallie on the phone!! cant get any better than that!!

4. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I still haven't figured it out. Surprisingly I want to avoid my friends. Bad influence. I'm still trying desperatly to find something that might also include meeting new people.

Blah, this year is probably gonna suck large.

5. doenoe

doenoe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i will be at a friends place. Will start at about 6pm and have dinner there. Gonna "gourmette" (throw pieces of meat on a very hot plate and fry the living daylights out of it) Gonna have something to drink ( http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=368170#post368170 ) and have one hell of a time.................probably.
    Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

6. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, even though this will only be our 3rd New Years together, Erik and I have a tradition of eating out at the Pomodori Grill, going to a movie, then hanging out with friends. However, The Pomodori Grill closed a few months ago :( :( :(...so we'll have to find a new place to eat out...then we're going to see either Chronicles of Narnia or Munich if it's playing...we'll decide which when we get there! :lol: Not sure what friends we will be hanging out with or where..probably won't know til we are on our way over there! :lol: Gotta love boyfriends who don't care to PLAN anything EVER! :S

7. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tonight is Malachite's company Christmas party at a comedy club. That'll be fun but thankfully I'm pretty sure that we'll be spending a nice quiet weekend at home. The kids are all going dirt bike riding with my ex so we'll be alone. It's supposed to rain so I'm thinking it's a nice excuse to hide out in bed for much longer than normal. :mrgreen:

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    well ... my plans are a bit weird... I'm not spending New Years Eve with friends at my age, from university or collegues... I'm going to spend it with people at least 8 years older than me, photogs... some of them are married, some of them have kids... and what am I doing there??? well... I hope the party will be ok :)

9. Traci

Traci when you wish upon a star...

I'm gonna ring in the new year at the happiest place on Earth...Disneyland. That is , if it doesn't rain.

10. CaptainTom

CaptainTom TPF Noob!

As a part time musician, I usually have a gig on NYE.
    This year, the band decided not to be booked, and everyone is staying home with the families.

Happy New Year...:hug::

11. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

Err it's not New Year yet is it?! i thought it was next evening. i'm probably just confused.

I have nothing planned :( gonna be boring I predict. Although New Year doesn't really mean anything to me just an arbitary date.

12. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

My family is planning on staying inside for New Years as usual, too dangerous, and we're going to have a sh*tload of Alaskan crab legs...mmmmmm. Sounds good to me! :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Happy New Years everyone!