Happy Friday!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Alison, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I hope everyone has a great weekend in store!

As for the Power's.....my oldest got sick at school this morning so he's home with me today. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug because tomorrow is his birthday party (he turned 6 yesterday). Plans are that after my class tomorrow morning we'll head down to meet up with my parents at a local pottery place where we can all paint our own pottery. The rest of the weekend will be spent in celebrating by visiting the science museum in Boston and indulging in his favorite cake - carrot cake :D Otherwise not much planned. I have a paper due tomorrow AM that I haven't started and a mid-term on Tuesday that I need to study for :grumpy:

What does everyone else have planned?

2. bace

bace TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm gonna win your baby comp. Just because I didn't guess the baby properly back then. The offset of my clairvoyance(sp?) must be corrected.

On that note. Tonight should be the best Friday i've had in a while. Celebrating my friends birthday in class and style with dinner at a fine College St. establishment, and heading over for drinks and dancing at another Queen St. establishment. I will be dressed to the nine in my finest duds, and spending money like I have some in the bank.

Saturday my little brother and sister are coming to visit me, which i'm super excited about. Then i'm going for dinner with the family.

After the best week at work that I've had since I started. And the knowledge that I have many vacation days to plan AND the knowledge that Thanksgiving makes for a short work week next week. This weekend is going to be very much a celebration of MANY things.

I hope all of you have a splendid weekend, and that my enthusiam only inspires you to enjoy your weekend as much as possible.

3. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Erm. Yeah, Happy Friday.

Weekend plans.... the pub and possibly some photos.

That's about it really!

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Choir practise. Tonight, and all of tomorrow afternoon.
    We'll perform Bach's Christmas Oratorio (Cantates 1 - 3) on 11 December and are still VERY far from being perfect (again!), although we performed the parts 1, 4 and 6 three years ago already. Ts!
    That Bach-person! I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote the part for the sopranos! He worked with little boys only, that's what. They sing the high A's much easier. But ourselves, today. Croak!
    Ah well, that is about it for my weekend.

My little girl will be swimming in another meet.
    Husband will be swim judge on both days.
    Son doing triathlon training on both days, I would think. That's it. Never much.

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not much going on this weekend for us. :) Try to get to work on some photographs I owe people. ;) I need to get my Thanksgiving menu settled and think about shopping for it.

My buddies are playing out tonight at one of my favorite little clubs; but it's cold outside, and I may be stumping for a fire and a nice bottle of wine instead.

I'm definitely looking forward to the short work week next week, like Bace mentioned. :cheer:

6. aprilraven

aprilraven TPF Noob!

i'm thinking of digging a grave a burying a body... anyone wanna help??? :mrgreen:

( yeah, just my usual week end chores....)

7. clemeys

clemeys TPF Noob!

Tonight chillin' w/ some friends - maybe seeing Harry Potter of the new J. Cash flick. In the morning I'll be getting up early to eat breakfast w/ my wife and she's got some school project where she has to take pics of weird shapes in nature so we'll be putting the 350d to use then....hopefully that'll be fun as usually when I pull out the camera and point in her way there's some rolling of the eyes etc (she is getting better at that though and I'm learning that bribes work well to get her to cooperate as a model. One thing I don't understand is that she's beautiful, but still is insecure about getting her pic taken - any thoughts on that? Tomorrow day working to get my Pak Mail ready for the Christmas rush that's about the descend in a few weeks. Dunno about tomorrow night...maybe hang w/ a buddy or my brother. Sunday taking a trip to Gainesville FL (Go Gators!) w/ a few friends as one of them might be going to UF next year and he wants to check out a local church there. I'll def. be having my trusty 350d w/ me as I'm sure we'll walk around the campus some too (another guy who is going w/ us graduated from UF so that'll be cool).

I need to work on some pictures I've promised a friend as well, and I'd like to post some here.

8. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    have an exhausting one in line
    tonight(friday) i need some sleep...
    saturday starts at 6 am... shoot till 9... run to communication strategy class... done at 4pm... run to get my mom a birthday gift(any ideas?) coz its her birthday tomorrow and i havent even ordered any flowers :confused: ...
    finish story boarding for the student film im due to shoot on wednesday... have it approved via email
    The best friend has left town gotta finish making the last part of her birthday gift and mail it to her.... drop in to my parents party to say HI and run for my cousins bachelorette party and then come back and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    im already tired thinking about tomorrow :confused:
    Sunday is gonna be spent working on the film and the set and relaxing and meeting a client for whom im making a website to show screen shots which i havent started working on .. gah...i should get to that right now.. hmpf
    and i just spoke of relaxing somewhere in there
    back to school monday morning!

well you all have a goooood one :D

9. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welll....my weekend started today. Erik and I are celebrating our anniversary today, even though it was Tuesday...between work and school, today is his only day off from everything...so I finagled some things around and got today off completely, too (I ended up working 13 hours yesterday to manage it)....

This morning the plan was to sleep in...yeah....I knew Erik's stupid cat would be in waking us up at 7...and I was RIGHT! He comes in, and he does his little thing where he 'massages' you with his paws for like five minutes...he did it to Erik, then jumped over to me until I was awake. Damn cat! Anyway....after we got up, I made a nice breakfast, and now we're being lazy. Lazy mornings together are my absolute favorite thing in the world! :) Pretty soon I'm gonna re-do the pictures I took of us last week, cuz I wanna use natural light, rather than my Home-Depot rig, so I'm gonna have to get offline soon and start setting up. Then Erik has something planned this afternoon...I have no idea what though. He said we should leave around 2. I'm pretty excited...cuz this means it's not just dinner, which is what I thought he would resort to doing (I told him two months ago that he gets to plan something for our anniversary, since I am always the romantic one that plans dinners and outings and anything else that is remotely sweet or romantic)....I have tommorrow off, not sure what I'm gonna do, but then I work on Sunday. So that's my weekend. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Congrats Corry, Enjoy! Make memories!

11. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

congrats Corry...have a great day!

12. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member