jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first attempt at photographing fireworks with a DSLR. I used my Canon 90D on a tripod with the Tamron 18-400mm, and my iPhone to control the shutter, and still got movement. This one is just one I grabbed out of the 100 or so I took, and is one of the longer exposures. f/16, 6 sec, ISO 100, 64mm. More to come later in the week. 🤠
July4th2021070401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Pretty good for your first attempt. It is something I wanted to try but our 4th was cold and rainy.

Regarding movement, is your tripod sturdy enough to handle the camera and 18-400 Tamron? When I finally upgraded my tripod setup for wildlife photography I was amazed at how much difference it made.

Pretty good for your first attempt. It is something I wanted to try but our 4th was cold and rainy.

Regarding movement, is your tripod sturdy enough to handle the camera and 18-400 Tamron? When I finally upgraded my tripod setup for wildlife photography I was amazed at how much difference it made.
Thanks! All I have to do is go out my front door, and I have a direct line of sight to The Colony Five Star Complex, which is about a half mile as the crow flies. My tripod is pretty hefty, its an 80" aluminum tripod with a ball head and Swiss connector for the camera weighing in at just under four pounds. Here is the same image, with the background darkened a bit.
July4th2021070401 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Reactions: PJM
Very pretty!

Most reactions

Back