Happy Snaper requiring Critiques...

PatDanz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right then !

As a relative newcomer to the dslr market, having previously always had compacts, i've been experimenting with my fresh out the box Nikon D60.

Still fully exploring the manual capabilities - feedback wanted on these shots...

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp3/patdanz/DSC_0025.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp3/patdanz/DSC_0036.jpg

Think a set of extension tubes for the macro work, tripod and remote shutter release will be next on the shopping list me thinks... Macro and bulb Photography definitely what I want to do more of!

the first pic is pretty awesome, the second not so much, I would have cooled the white balance

The DOF is pretty shallow with only parts of the flower in focus,. agree on the color temp comment. But hey you are just warming up!

-Shea

And there was me thinknig no one would reply !

Superb advice: all valid comments !

restricted by limitations of 18-55mm VR lens on camera, so hoping the extension tubes on order will help until I can afford the dedicated macro lens !

Assembled a tripod for some more bulb photogrpahy shots on a bridge over a road - amazing how many cars slowed down thinking I was old Bill with a speed camera !

Like the 2nd photo, the first is a bit too boring, though. Loads of potential. Enjoy the new camera :)

First one looks blurred all over. I'm guessing camera shake. Does the lens with your D60 have VR? If so, was it on. I'm guessing it either didn't have it or was off and isn't sharp due to the 1/40th shutter speed.

Second one, the white balance is way off and it's really blurry/soft. Did you use a tripod or just set it on something as a faux tripod? It almost looks like you set it on (or had the tripod on) a bridge and the bridge moved some (they do that) during your 30 second exposure. You probably would have had better luck with a larger aperture and faster shutter speed.

Most reactions

Back